NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 06-08-2015, 09:09 PM   #1
futuresailor31

futuresailor31 is on a distinguished road

To be honest, if you're going to lie to begin with don't get there and start wanting to tell the truth. You should've just done it all to begin with lol but it's whatever you want and what you feel is best/right for you I suppose.

It was super easy. The only difficult part was being away from my family, honestly. It was a little tough mentally I suppose because I just don't do well with lack of sleep and stuff but I made it just fine. Just keep your mouth shut, do what is asked of you and you'll be fine. PT was stupid easy, and I was really disappointed. Push yourself as hard as you can every PT though because a lot of people didn't pass. If you can't swim, start practicing now because that was another big thing. Just follow directions, study, and be smart. Don't say stupid things and HAVE MILITARY BEARING AT ALL TIMES. Jesus. Please have military bearing.

I don't have much of a sentence but I would have to say bootcamp was juuuuuust an experience. Lol it's hard to sum it up into just one sentence because bootcamp is so many different things all at once.
futuresailor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:07 AM   #2
Just4Kixs

Just4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud of

I'm very curious, but if you're told what to do, when to do it, and how to do it,yet you aren't sure about one teeny-tiny detail or have forgotten it, would it hurt if you asked them to repeat again so that you can clarify and then do it right the first time perfectly?
I guess that's my perfectionism type-A personality kicking in that I'd need to let loose.
Just4Kixs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:11 AM   #3
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4Kixs View Post
I'm very curious, but if you're told what to do, when to do it, and how to do it,yet you aren't sure about one teeny-tiny detail or have forgotten it, would it hurt if you asked them to repeat again so that you can clarify and then do it right the first time perfectly?
I guess that's my perfectionism type-A personality kicking in that I'd need to let loose.
There's nothing wrong with getting stuff clarified. You may get some shit, but they will answer your question. The problem though is who to ask for clarification. You may think it would be best to ask your RDCs. But once you ask Them for help, they may just say ask one of the other recruits for help first. but when you go ask another recruit for help but they don't really know what they are doing and tell you the wrong thing, your RDCs will tell you how wrong you are and to never trust a recruit. So you just have to know who to ask. It gets confusing some times lol.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:22 AM   #4
futuresailor31

Also you run into the really fun problem of different RDCs wanting you to do a certain thing different ways and you can never please anyone. Tons of fun.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #5
MickeyMcD

MickeyMcD is a splendid one to beholdMickeyMcD is a splendid one to beholdMickeyMcD is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresailor31 View Post
Also you run into the really fun problem of different RDCs wanting you to do a certain thing different ways and you can never please anyone. Tons of fun.
"With respect, Chief, but Petty Officer said it needs to be like this!" "Well...do this instead" *mutters to self "that's not what the red book says, though..." grumble grumble*

Yeeeeeah. That happens haha
Graduated RTC: 20150529 194/13
MickeyMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMcD View Post
"With respect, Chief, but Petty Officer said it needs to be like this!" "Well...do this instead" *mutters to self "that's not what the red book says, though..." grumble grumble*

Yeeeeeah. That happens haha
"What's your 12th general order?!?!"

"Chief is always right!!!!"

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:44 AM   #7
futuresailor31

In our divisions case, pretty much anything petty officer said went. Our chief was like "oh, petty officer said it? Okay. Then that's what you do." Lol it was confusing sometimes since chief is supposed to be all knowing and always right lol
Old 06-10-2015, 08:15 PM   #8
MickeyMcD

MickeyMcD is a splendid one to beholdMickeyMcD is a splendid one to beholdMickeyMcD is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzerAsp View Post
"What's your 12th general order?!?!"

"Chief is always right!!!!"
I thought it was "Walk my post from flank to flank and take no s*** from any rank"? Haha...

But yeah...those conversations usually would just end in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,7,8,7,8,7,8,7.......8,9,10 Note to all Future Sailors....always agree with Chief, even when you know he's as far out in left field as you can get! Makes life much more bearable haha
Graduated RTC: 20150529 194/13
MickeyMcD is offline   Reply With Quote