NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   P-Days and Medical (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5997)

Jyoungs42433 09-01-2014 06:45 PM

P-Days and Medical

Well I leave in 1 week and going through a bunch of post and talking o others and had some questions. My main fear as i have made knoown is Dental but nothing can be dome about tat now so we shall see. My main question is what are they testing for at RTC? and what things send you home? Like what if you test positive for and STD? do they check things like prostate stuff again? or is it more of just Drugs and things of that nature. My main fear is something going bad and getting sent home for something stupid so I want to know how severe it has to be before they send you home?

LT Guppy 09-01-2014 06:56 PM

It's mostly drugs (or pregnancy for the females).

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie 09-01-2014 07:39 PM

don't they do xrays and stuff to? I heard they do that during the first day. I guess to see if someone lied about broken bones or something like that.

MickeyMcD 09-01-2014 08:12 PM

X-rays are only done during special physicals for specific ratings, I believe.

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie 09-01-2014 09:06 PM

I had seen the xray thing on this post. Thats why I thought about it.

http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433

Auridan 09-01-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSSparks (Post 48134)
don't they do xrays and stuff to? I heard they do that during the first day. I guess to see if someone lied about broken bones or something like that.

If you lied about a broken bone, either you're going to grit your teeth and live with it forever, or one day you'll go to medical, they'll see how old it is, and then you'll suffer the consequences.

We didn't get x-rays. They aren't going to spend money on that unless they have a good reason to.

LT Guppy 09-01-2014 09:44 PM

Looks like that post was referring to dental x-rays.
They don't do full body x-rays of the thousand or so recruits coming in each week. For some jobs, they will do chest x-rays, but that's about the extent of it.

Jyoungs42433 09-02-2014 06:20 AM

Ok thanks guys, guess getting close to the date is making my head and mind run wild. so I figured id see what they all were testing for, and what of hose things is severe enough to get sent home

ronec 09-18-2014 09:42 AM

I went to MEPS on Monday and like everyone else had my blood drawn. I am a bit of a sissy when it comes to having blood drawn but the lady that was taking my blood was very understanding and when I went pale she actually made me sit in the chair for like 10 minutes so I wouln't pass out when I stood up. I told her I felt ok but she said I was still pale and made me sit. So, will the people drawing blood during P-days have this same level of understanding or is it an assembly line type of system? I don't know that I will have a bad reaction to the draw there but asking just in case.

navycatmc 09-18-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyoungs42433 (Post 48153)
Ok thanks guys, guess getting close to the date is making my head and mind run wild. so I figured id see what they all were testing for, and what of hose things is severe enough to get sent home

You'll be fine! :)

jzhaun 09-18-2014 11:20 AM

It IS an assembly line, but they will check that you're not going to faint on them. I don't remember being given a chair, but they noticed when I felt a bit woozy and let me rest (6 vials of blood + no breakfast will do that to you).

Devereux 10-24-2014 09:51 PM

yeah, you're going to get a dental xray in p-days. you bite down and they will get an x-ray of your jaw/teeth that will follow you to a-school.

besides that...no. you'll give blood samples, urinalysis, get shots, and get as much dental work you need in boot camp and in a-school if needed. I had alot of dental work done myself, and they're decently friendly down there and it's nice to get away from your RDC's for a bit.

no need to worry. good luck.

Nietoj92 10-25-2014 05:53 AM

Oh yeah the dental xray was fun. I was in the same boat of dizzy and lack of food until they gave us our lunch meal to eat within a few minutes. Went to xray tech, placed the bite down things in my mouth and puked blue gatorade in the trash can next to me. XD I was first in line too. Still finished the xray though... Oops.

Auridan 10-25-2014 08:59 AM

The OP should be about to graduate by now. Stale thread.

deejaynvy 02-06-2015 12:58 PM

Not really

I ship out 20150218 and I found this thread pretty helpful :Thank you:

ProjectZERO 02-06-2015 06:09 PM

For the record, my twin brother just sent me a slew of letters from RTC. He says the only thing bad about P-Days is the fact you stay up 48 hours. The shots are quick and painless for the most part. If you relax, the peanut butter won't hurt as much!

PropertyofBuMed 02-07-2015 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronec (Post 48772)
I went to MEPS on Monday and like everyone else had my blood drawn. I am a bit of a sissy when it comes to having blood drawn but the lady that was taking my blood was very understanding and when I went pale she actually made me sit in the chair for like 10 minutes so I wouln't pass out when I stood up. I told her I felt ok but she said I was still pale and made me sit. So, will the people drawing blood during P-days have this same level of understanding or is it an assembly line type of system? I don't know that I will have a bad reaction to the draw there but asking just in case.

It's assembly line, but you still get to sit down if you feel faint. Once you are turned over to medical for any reason, you belong to medical, and what the corpsman/ nurse says is final verdict. Your RDC's will wait outside, so if you feel ill for any reason, say so, and you will be treated accordingly.