PDA

View Full Version : Lie detector test?????

ianbm516
03-04-2016, 07:06 PM
I have heard that to get your security clearance and/or get into the nuke program, you will have to take a lie detector test. Any truth to this?

LT Guppy
03-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Depending on what comes up on your background investigation and what level of clearance you need, you may have to do a polygraph. Not everyone does it. Having to do one doesn't mean you failed your background. It's not a huge deal.

FlyNavy
03-05-2016, 12:08 AM
I've had a polygraph done; it's nothing you need to stress over. Seriously, whatever you're thinking and stressing about I can almost guarantee won't be an issue. I can't stress enough that it's not what you see in the movies.

/r
CTT1

BonzerAsp
03-05-2016, 12:45 AM
I had a friend in boot camp that was going in as IT and he had to do a polygraph test in A school. He was freaking out about it the whole time. He turned out just fine. It's really not bad

Nicknyte
03-18-2016, 05:26 PM
I have heard that to get your security clearance and/or get into the nuke program, you will have to take a lie detector test. Any truth to this?

As the Nuke in the audience, I did not have to take a polygraph. Just a interview with the most invasive peek into my financial and employment history. It's not that bad.