PDA

View Full Version : Staff Pickup at NNPTC

SailorSavy
01-23-2016, 11:33 AM
I am in A School at the moment. ET. My goal is to end up on Submarines. As a female I know that they are just now in the process of phasing women onto subs so it's a bit more of a selective process.
I was told that getting staff pickup in prototype would give me a better chance of being sent to a sub. What I'm wanting to know is how do I go about becoming staff pickup and when this process would begin, what would be involved, etc. Really any information anyone could share about Staff Pickup would be greatly appreciated.
I do understand that I would need to Star-Reenlist but that's not an issue. I was already planning for that.
Thank you!

drego86
01-23-2016, 12:28 PM
Once you get to Prototype the process to become a staff pickup will begin once you get through "off crew" and are assigned to a crew. You will then let your staff adviser know that you want to be picked up as staff. Your staff adviser will then help you make a package and then you'll submit it up the chain of command. You'll wait a few weeks and you'll have an interview with the head of the staff training group.

You'll know within a few weeks after that if you got picked up or not. You'll have to qualify fairly fast and do well on the exams if you want the best chance at getting picked up.

sweetmtn
01-24-2016, 10:40 AM
What my son told me was that it helps greatly if you are always at or very near the top of your class through out your training there .. from A school on. Plus your evals need to be excellent as well.