PDA

View Full Version : C School Guarantee

Hengstad96
09-27-2015, 12:19 AM
Long story short, I'm changing my rate before I leave for bootcamp. I've got the go ahead and sign my contract Monday. Can you get a C school guarantee? I've seen some posts of people saying they have.

ShotOfWSC
09-27-2015, 12:31 AM
If a C school wasn't in your contract, then no...it's not a guarantee. You guys should really start reading what you sign and ask questions you're not sure about before you sign something. Just look over it before you sign it on Monday. Did they even discussed a C school with you and is your contract 6 yrs?

FlyNavy
09-27-2015, 09:16 AM
For extra schools you're typically gonna need to sign for extra time. That's also not available for every rate and even the ones that are, they might not need sailors with that extra training when you're going up for it.

So as always, the answer is it depends. Inquire about it, but don't have an already set expectation of what the answer is going to be.

/r
CTT1

BonzerAsp
09-27-2015, 07:04 PM
If you have an aviation maintenance rate you such as AM, AT, AD, ect. you will more than likely have a C-School for the platform get orders for once you finish A school. It won't be in your original contract if you're one of those rates. You have to wait until you get assigned a squadron near the completion of your A-School