PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is the big day

MedicalWorker
05-18-2015, 12:07 AM
So I go to boot camp tomorrow (may 20th) as an e-2 with a corpsman contract, I am excited and nervous. Look forward to being a corpsman.

Any advice you have to making boot camp easier?

Can you make long distance phone calls in boot camp?

i got my rank and recongintion down, my 11 generals order are ok, what else should I brush up on?

Best way to deal with seeing my mom cry?

Is there chiplote in the Chicago airport ?

I haven't anything about my security clearance so does that mean I got it?

What whats can I get é-3 at bootcamp ?

And I was on antibiotics 2 weeks ago, and my recruiter told me not to put in on my dep paperwork. What can I do about that ?

I started writing here, but figured this would be better the deppers page but it won't let me copy and paste, could someone move it there for me?

LT Guppy
05-18-2015, 03:26 AM
Do what you're told, when you're told to do it.
Long distance calls are allowed.
You usually don't hear about your clearance unless there's a problem.

MedicalWorker
05-18-2015, 10:15 AM
Do what you're told, when you're told to do it.
Long distance calls are allowed.
You usually don't hear about your clearance unless there's a problem.

So i could call my girlfriend in brazil?

FutureND
05-18-2015, 11:54 AM
You will be using a calling card that you provide for yourself, you can call whoever you want.

deejaynvy
05-18-2015, 12:58 PM
When you get there just listen, honestly people just get yelled at for not following instructions. Watch everyone and just don't make the same mistakes they make haha...That's what I did. I went in as an E-1 and left an E-3. Just be squared away and you'll get recognized and maybe your RDC's will advance you like mine did. There isn't a Chipotle in the O'Hare I don't think lol. Being a corpsman I hope you don't plan on advancing in rank very fast SUPER OVERMANNED. Have fun man, you'll make some good friends at RTC and through A-School...

Buckeyebill
05-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Boot Camp is an orientation the Navy life. Know the general rules, listen, answers questions in short concise answers and don't make the same mistake twice. Corpsmen do not require a security clearance. MEPS and the Recruiting District will do them because they are expensive. Local checks is all you'll get from the local sheriff. good luck.............