PDA

View Full Version : Asking for LASIK

MedicalWorker
04-30-2015, 03:58 PM
Hello, How long at my first duty station before it is appropriate to ask for lasik surgery without getting put on the duck list. Don't want to be a boot asking for that, it is consider offensive to whoever i ask.

I plan on trying to go fmf, will that be any different than blue side?

FutureND
04-30-2015, 04:18 PM
To have LASIK you have to have an unchanging perscription for a year, so when you get to your command go see the optometrist, and a year later go back. It's a pretty simple process but it does take some time, I am actually getting mine next month.

Don't worry about looking like a boot asking about LASIK, take every advantage that the Navy offers.

MedicalWorker
04-30-2015, 05:02 PM
To have LASIK you have to have an unchanging perscription for a year, so when you get to your command go see the optometrist, and a year later go back. It's a pretty simple process but it does take some time, I am actually getting mine next month.

Don't worry about looking like a boot asking about LASIK, take every advantage that the Navy offers.

Awesome sounds good, can i bring my prescription from being a civilian because it hasn't changed for a year

FutureND
04-30-2015, 07:01 PM
Couldn't hurt to try.

LT Guppy
05-01-2015, 12:29 PM
They wouldn't take my civilian eye prescription, but they only needed 8 months between appointments.
I was on the waiting list about 11 months.

FutureND
05-01-2015, 02:46 PM
I guess that almost evens out then, I had 12 months between appointments but only 4 months on waiting list.