PDA

View Full Version : Housing

MickeyMcD
02-21-2015, 02:01 PM
Do new single students have the option of living out in town, or are they required to stay in barracks until Prototype?

gameingkine
02-21-2015, 03:42 PM
I mean with what you'll be paid good luck. but yeah we call it paper bagging. most people who do that are married.

drego86
02-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Do new single students have the option of living out in town, or are they required to stay in barracks until Prototype?

You won't be given the option to live outside the barracks while you are there for A school and PowerSchool as a single sailor. At Prototype,you have to live out on town because there are no barracks there.

sweetmtn
02-22-2015, 12:16 PM
I would guess you are going nuke.... A school if single you will be required to live on base in the barracks...when you finish A school you will promote to E4, you will most likely still be in the barracks until you finish Power School training, then when you start Prototype you will have to move off base to private housing and get BAH for it... A school and Power school are all in the same place...Prototype has two places...you may have the option of staying where you are or go north to the second location...be advised, both places have generally a long wait time between schools.

Haasino
02-22-2015, 12:24 PM
My buddies in A School and Power School had curfews every weeknight where they had to be back in the barracks... so even paying for a place out-of-pocket is not possible. As others have said, you'll get BAH during Prototype... and then when you get to your first command, you'll either get BAH, or you can pay for a place out in town but still maintain your room in the barracks.

markefuller
04-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Do E-4's get BAH at prototype since there is no barracks? Thanks.

Haasino
04-13-2015, 06:49 PM
Do E-4's get BAH at prototype since there is no barracks? Thanks.

Yes... all Prototype Phase students get BAH. If you don't STAR Reenlist and go to your first command as an E-4 still, you'll probably be back in the barracks.