PDA

View Full Version : Speakers at NNPTC

Trident
02-17-2015, 05:07 PM
Been lurking around this site for a while now and never had the need to make a username but I finally thought of something that hasn't been answered anywhere. I love listening to music, there pretty much isn't a genre I don't enjoy to some extent and my 200 watt Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s serve as the medium for my listening hobby. My question is will they be allowed at nuke school in Charleston, or is this something completely hopeless I should just give up on? The bass from the speakers can be somewhat penetrating through walls but can be turned down fairly low. I would be cool with using headphones for the duration but I would really appreciate if anyone has any information/input on whether I would be able to bring the speakers. Thank in advance

BonzerAsp
02-17-2015, 06:40 PM
As long as it doesn't disturb your neighbors you should be fine. Then again, Pensacola isn't nearly as strict. We have guys here that blare music at all hours. Generally nobody cares though

drego86
02-17-2015, 07:08 PM
I would just hold off on bringing them down. Wait till you have your own place at prototype. Yes you can have them, but your roommates and suite mates will not appreciate it. Your roommates and suitemates can have a different schedule than you. They might be trying to sleep while you are playing your music.

FlyNavy
02-17-2015, 08:30 PM
If I had to listen to somebody else's bass speakers in the barracks while I was going though something as intensive as Nuke school, I would go out of my way to mess with that person. My advice is to leave it at home and get them back when you make it to your command. Plenty of people are gonna be trying to study hard and being a distraction like that would paint a huge target on your back.

You can play music, just keep the bass low enough to where people in the room next to you won't hear it. The walls at these barracks are usually paper thin anyway though, so keep that in mind.

/r
CTT1

Trident
02-17-2015, 09:31 PM
I appreciate the input, think I'll just do the headphones thing to avoid unwanted attention.

sweetmtn
02-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Understand that ANYTHING you bring to nuke school and probably others as well....must be stowed away out of sight anytime you are not in the room. Your rooms are subject to inspections when you are not there....if you value things, don't bring them unless you can lock them up.

BonzerAsp
02-20-2015, 04:08 AM
That's not the case for "A" School in Pensacola at NATTC. They let us have a lot of stuff out. As long as it looks orderly, they don't care.

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
02-20-2015, 10:34 AM
As long as it looks orderly. And if it is valued at over $50, you need a high value chit.

drego86
02-20-2015, 03:18 PM
That's not the case for "A" School in Pensacola at NATTC. They let us have a lot of stuff out. As long as it looks orderly, they don't care.

Right, but at NNPTC it is not allowed. Everything has to be locked up.