PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Teeth

rbmorgan
05-14-2014, 09:02 PM
I was recently watching a video and heard that if you are a nuke and other special rates you have to get your wisdom teeth taken out no matter what. Is there any truth to this or is it just case by case. Mine are not grown out at all so I am asking because if I do have to get them out I may just do it now before I ship out for more time to recover.

sweetmtn
05-14-2014, 11:33 PM
Since you are already in DEP and have a ship date...I wouldnt chance getting them out now. It could effect your contract as it would be a medical procedure and would have to be approved by the navy and MEPS for you to ship having done while in DEP. My son cant remember if it was required or not as his were out when he was a Junior in high school.

mich313
05-15-2014, 09:55 AM
I'll echo what Sweetmtn said. If you're already in DEP and have a ship date, DO NOT get them removed!!! I heard about dental and asked my recruiter if I should get my teeth looked at before for fillings and such (it's been an embarrassingly long time since I've been to a dentist) and he was adamant that I shouldn't because even getting a filling could disrupt my ship schedule.

FutureND
05-15-2014, 11:14 AM
On top of that why would you want to pay for it yourself? Wait and get it done in basic. You will get meds and 3 days siq, it will be plenty of time to heal up.

drego86
05-15-2014, 02:02 PM
If you don't got sub vol then the dentists might decide to let you keep them. Especially if the wisdom teeth are not in yet. There are a few guys here who still have theirs or some of their wisdom teeth.