PDA

View Full Version : Classing up after a-school? NUC questions

classified9
04-28-2014, 06:10 AM
Hey gang,

Getting closer to my ship date and couldn't be more excited. I just have random questions pop in my noggin.

I am hearing that in the NF pipeline there isn't an immediate jump from a-school to PowerSchool, and from PowerSchool to prototype.

What do you do when you have to wait for several months for this?

Thanks

Atom_breaker
04-28-2014, 06:37 AM
I think there was a question about this a while back, pretty much I've heard you do chores.. Drive the duty van.. Field day. Whatever they can give us to fill our time I guess.

Haasino
04-28-2014, 06:43 AM
What I've gathered from my buddies in the Nuke field is this... you'll have T-Track between A School and Power, and then Grad Hold between Power and Prototype. You cover a variety of watches and duties, and do some occasional cleaning. Everyone I know seems to have been in each phase for a few months.

classified9
04-28-2014, 09:17 AM
What I've gathered from my buddies in the Nuke field is this... you'll have T-Track between A School and Power, and then Grad Hold between Power and Prototype. You cover a variety of watches and duties, and do some occasional cleaning. Everyone I know seems to have been in each phase for a few months.

Thanks for the info Haasino,

What exactly is t-track?

Haasino
04-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the info Haasino,

What exactly is t-track?

No prob! As for T-Track... it's just what they called being on hold between A School and Power School. One of my friends just started Grad Hold while she waits to transfer commands for Prototype... it sounds like the jobs and watches you do in Grad Hold differ from T-Track... T-Track is more like student hold and cleaning, whereas Grad Hold is more like temp duty and admin work.

Atom_breaker
04-28-2014, 12:41 PM
No prob! As for T-Track... it's just what they called being on hold between A School and Power School. One of my friends just started Grad Hold while she waits to transfer commands for Prototype... it sounds like the jobs and watches you do in Grad Hold differ from T-Track... T-Track is more like student hold and cleaning, whereas Grad Hold is more like temp duty and admin work.

Awesome info! But you should absolutely make your friends join the forum!

Haasino
04-28-2014, 01:46 PM
I'll see what I can do...

drego86
04-28-2014, 03:45 PM
To go along with what has already been said... T-track lasts only as long as it takes for the next power school class to graduate. A power school class graduates every two months. So your T track will vary depending on when when you graduate A school in relation to the next power school graduation.

sweetmtn
04-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Also after your A school as a nuke, you will be auto promoted to 3rd class, but you have to do the very short course of leadership, then you are given your crows. I will have to ask my son how long that was, but from I remember, it wasnt very long.

Haasino
04-29-2014, 01:55 PM
Also after your A school as a nuke, you will be auto promoted to 3rd class, but you have to do the very short course of leadership, then you are given your crows. I will have to ask my son how long that was, but from I remember, it wasnt very long.

It was ~3 days of "death by PowerPoint" and was incorporated into the end of A School... at least for the EM's I know who graduated last summer.