PDA

View Full Version : Goose Creek, SC and nearby areas

classified9
03-17-2014, 08:42 AM
Hey guys,

I took a 4 day vacation to Charleston, SC with my girlfriend this past week and had an awesome time! We actually stayed right next to Charleston Southern University, just a few miles down the road from NNPTC. I couldn't get past the gate obviously, but I drove around and got to see a lot of the buildings from afar and a lot of life here and there on base as the weather was nice and people were walking around. I stopped in the NEX to grab a drink and look around and I talked to a few sailors who are in the program. I SAY THIS NOW but life doesn't really seem that bad down there, everybody seemed to be in a good mood lots of them picking up snacks to take back to the Rickover to study. I'm a college graduate so this is definitely what I am used to. Nothing but encouraging words from sailors in the program, just keep in my mind you will study your ass off!

I leave for RTC on June 4th so I'll be down there in August. I feel like I got the place pretty scoped out. I went all over downtown Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, and Sullivan's Island. Saw a lot of cool stuff including the USS Yorktown, USS Laffey, USS Clamagore, King and Meeting street in dt Charleston, and Fort Moultrie on Sullivan's Island. Hit a ton of good restaurants. It was just really nice to see the rubber hit the road and be able to plant my feet where they will actually be come this August. This is a really nice area to be guys and I can't wait to get down there!

Snapped a pic of the sign

AramilX
03-17-2014, 08:12 PM
That sounds like a fun trip. It's coming up soon, 77 days til I ship!

mich313
03-18-2014, 08:38 AM
So jealous of you guys with approaching ship dates! October feels AGES away!!!

classified9
03-18-2014, 10:10 AM
So jealous of you guys with approaching ship dates! October feels AGES away!!!

It will go by so much faster than you think! I DEP'd in 20131001 and it has flown by!