PDA

View Full Version : Typical Day at A-school/Powerschool/prototype

classified9
02-07-2014, 02:30 PM
What is a typical day like for each phase? Is there still PT everyday?

drego86
02-07-2014, 10:09 PM
In NFAS, you PT three times a week unless you're in FEP and then it's every day.

You'll PT in the mornings or right after school depending on the season. Once you class up, you'll be going to school from 0645 till about 1600 Monday through Friday. Then from 1600 till whenever you'll be studying. Doing your mandatory study hours. Weekends are yours to do as you wish.

classified9
02-08-2014, 09:20 AM
In NFAS, you PT three times a week unless you're in FEP and then it's every day.

You'll PT in the mornings or right after school depending on the season. Once you class up, you'll be going to school from 0645 till about 1600 Monday through Friday. Then from 1600 till whenever you'll be studying. Doing your mandatory study hours. Weekends are yours to do as you wish.

Nice! How late is the Rickover open to study in?

sweetmtn
02-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Understand NOTHING is allowed out of the classroom, so you must do all your study in the classroom. Get a study group together and help each other...as far as weekends..yes they are yours to do as you please.. BUT..if you think you are having ANY type of problem with something..GO STUDY MORE and ask for help! Yes you do need a break..but those that are at the top of the class are generally those that put more work into it!

drego86
02-08-2014, 03:17 PM

It's open long enough during the week for you to do other things and come back and still get your hours in. During the weekend you have all day that you can use to study.

classified9
02-10-2014, 09:56 AM
It's open long enough during the week for you to do other things and come back and still get your hours in. During the weekend you have all day that you can use to study.

I already have a bachelors so this is kind of what I was wondering. I hit the library every night in college (open all night). Will establish a good routine of hitting the gym after class then getting back to the Rickover every night.

classified9
02-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Understand NOTHING is allowed out of the classroom, so you must do all your study in the classroom. Get a study group together and help each other...as far as weekends..yes they are yours to do as you please.. BUT..if you think you are having ANY type of problem with something..GO STUDY MORE and ask for help! Yes you do need a break..but those that are at the top of the class are generally those that put more work into it!

This is definitely my gameplan, when I was in college and found myself in difficult classes I would make groups. I was at the library every night in college and established very good and dedicated study habits, it's going to be tough for me I have no doubt but I have had some time to learn how to study and from what I'm hearing that is the majority of the battle in Goose Creek!

Nasant
02-15-2014, 03:13 PM

The Rickover is open until 0000 for studying/whatever and you have until 0015 to be back in your room on school nights.

classified9
02-16-2014, 08:02 PM
The Rickover is open until 0000 for studying/whatever and you have until 0015 to be back in your room on school nights.

Thanks for the info! What's your rate?