PDA

View Full Version : Nuke Screening?

warehimer33
07-04-2013, 04:47 PM
My recruiter has set up a nuke screening for me on Monday through the phone with the nuke coordinator. What is this? My recruiter mentioned something about them making sure I wasn't crazy. What are they going to ask?

gameingkine
07-04-2013, 05:28 PM
their going to want a really good reason why you wana be in the navy

warehimer33
07-05-2013, 09:44 AM
their going to want a really good reason why you wana be in the navy

Ahh okay. I'll just reply "YOLO" to everything. loljk

ejrwelch
07-05-2013, 10:06 AM
I doubt thats the reason! I'm unfamiliar with the nuke screening but I would suspect that its the beginning of your security clearance packet (I had to do mine over the phone with a guy that breathes realllllly heavy when he talks... it was difficult! ha) and maybe a few nuke related questions asked by your areas nuke coordinator.

warehimer33
07-05-2013, 01:33 PM
I had to do mine over the phone with a guy that breathes realllllly heavy when he talks... it was difficult! ha

hah I'm thinking they're just going to ask me if I have a diploma and have failed a math class...

sweetmtn
07-05-2013, 01:43 PM
They should be asking all questions that will lead up to your very indepth backgound check, any red flags they feel will make them check even harder..but dont leave anything out, give full information asked of you.

warehimer33
07-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Are they going to ask me about my medical history, too?

ejrwelch
07-05-2013, 07:11 PM
if its the same general TS thing as mine was (again not sure if it is but just assuming) it will be is any of you family non citizens, are any currently in the commission of a felony, have you been fired or suspend and why, whats your debt to income ratio at the moment, and how many times have you over drawn your bank account ever (I'm a server so that was a hard one for me since its hit or miss if i have money to deposit or not! had to go with a ball park number -_-). It should be really simple just answer yes or no and only go in depth if they ask you to!

warehimer33
07-05-2013, 07:21 PM
if its the same general TS thing as mine was (again not sure if it is but just assuming) it will be is any of you family non citizens, are any currently in the commission of a felony, have you been fired or suspend and why, whats your debt to income ratio at the moment, and how many times have you over drawn your bank account ever (I'm a server so that was a hard one for me since its hit or miss if i have money to deposit or not! had to go with a ball park number -_-). It should be really simple just answer yes or no and only go in depth if they ask you to!

Seriously? I'm only 19! I don't know all that stuff!!!! haha

ejrwelch
07-06-2013, 06:49 AM
haha they walk you through it! and hopefully you don't get a heavy breather! it was difficult not to laugh the whole time.

warehimer33
07-06-2013, 07:52 AM
haha they walk you through it! and hopefully you don't get a heavy breather! it was difficult not to laugh the whole time.

I hope I get a heavy breather. It'll make it entertaining hah

sweetmtn
07-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Are they going to ask me about my medical history, too?

It is possible for them to ask if there was something in your original packet they have questions about. But your in depth background will be done mostly without your knowledge, and you may not even find the results until well into boot camp. That one is done like they are looking under every rock they come across!

warehimer33
07-06-2013, 04:15 PM
It is possible for them to ask if there was something in your original packet they have questions about. But your in depth background will be done mostly without your knowledge, and you may not even find the results until well into boot camp. That one is done like they are looking under every rock they come across!

Oh, okay. Thanks! It seems like I have to explain my whole medical history to a new person every time...