PDA

View Full Version : School Attire

warehimer33
06-21-2013, 06:42 PM
What do we normally wear to A School, Power, and Prototype?

Haasino
06-21-2013, 06:47 PM
General day-to-day is NWU... occasionally you might wear NSUs or Service Dress for inspections, but I don't believe NNPTC has scheduled "dress-up days" like NATTC does here... at least my girlfriend's EMN class doesn't.

jzhaun
06-21-2013, 06:54 PM
I don't know about nuke school specifically, but generally it's nwus, except on thursdays when it's nsus (last thursday of the month and special days will be either whites or blues depending on the season).

You'll also wear nsus or dress for watch and/or colors. And you can always dress more formally if you want to, it's just that most people will wear nwus when they can because they're generally considered the most comfortable and you don't have to iron and lint roll them everytime you wear them.

warehimer33
06-21-2013, 07:05 PM
I found out myself on their website. For anyone that's wondering, it's NWU or NSU Mon-Fri then Dress Uniform on Friday.

Great Site: http://www.netc.navy.mil/nnptc/home.html

It even has the topics and books they use for instruction!

prop827
07-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Nuclear Power Pipeline:

NFAS - Mon-Thurs NWU
Fri - Dress Blues/Whites
IF there is a lab scheduled on a Friday OR you are duty section on a Friday you will wear NWU

NPS - Mon-Thurs NSU
Fri- Dress Blues/Whites
IF you are duty section ANY day you will wear NWU
-After school study hours, civilian attire is permitted in the building in NPS

NPTU:
Off Crew Phase: NWU
On Crew Phase: NWU or Coveralls (Your choice)

Side note, the dress uniform on Fridays is worn because a class graduates NFAS every Friday, and NPS graduation occurs once every 2 months on a Friday, so we dress up because there are guests on the base for these graduations. When on hold, standard uniform is the NWU, except between NFAS and NPS when you stand watch, your watch will be either NSU or NWU assigned based on location (outdoors NWU, quarterdeck NSU) and if assigned to do colors you will wear dress blues/whites.

NavyNate
07-31-2013, 11:32 AM
I was told we wore a giant yellow banana suit the whole time. Guess I was lied to. :P Haha