PDA

View Full Version : High School Math Qualification

warehimer33
07-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Hey, if I took Alg. I, II, Geometry, Advanced Alg., and AP Statistics and I got a "D" in AP Stat but nothing lower than a "C" in any other math class is this disqualifying? Is AP Stat considered a math to the Navy?

sweetmtn
07-26-2012, 10:31 PM
What ever you got in high school isnt going to really make a difference to the navy. Only things that count are college credits.

warehimer33
07-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I forgot to add that this is about the Nuclear Program and their high school math requirement.

stevebw
07-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Well as long as you get a good score on the ASVAB and pass the NFQT, it shouldn't be much of a problem. What were your scores?

warehimer33
07-27-2012, 06:38 PM
I got an 89 on my ASVAB with a NUC score of 247. I haven't taken the NFQT yet.

stevebw
07-27-2012, 07:06 PM
You'll do just fine then :D The NFQT is math focused and you get a calculator for it. You shouldn't have too much problem with it

warehimer33
07-27-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm so nervous about the NFQT. I don't know why really because I love math and it seems to love me lol. I just don't know what to study; or if I should study.

stevebw
07-28-2012, 09:17 AM
You should study even if it's just a little! You could brush up on physics and chem, they do ask a lot of questions pertaining to those subjects but again, almost all of them are math based. When are you taking it?

warehimer33
07-28-2012, 02:33 PM
I should be taking it within 3 to 4 weeks, my recruiter hasn't told me when yet. What do you mean by the physics and chem questions are math based? Like they will give me a formula that I have to plug in numbers or would I know chem and physics formulas? I've never taken physics and I took chem like 2 years ago so it's kinda hard to remember the in depth stuff.

stevebw
07-29-2012, 10:09 AM
I should be taking it within 3 to 4 weeks, my recruiter hasn't told me when yet. What do you mean by the physics and chem questions are math based? Like they will give me a formula that I have to plug in numbers or would I know chem and physics formulas? I've never taken physics and I took chem like 2 years ago so it's kinda hard to remember the in depth stuff.

The physics and chem questions usually requires math to answer them. From what I remember, I think they do give the formulas to you but I'd try and memorize a few of them just in case. None of the questions were really in depth either, but some required extra thinking. You have a lot of time to study, so good luck!