NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 04-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
LouieBagels

LouieBagels is on a distinguished road
Default Navy Federal or USAA?

i simply just want to know the difference, i dont want to go to bootamp completely oblivious and just choose one because my buddy next to me is choosing that one. i understand USAA is all online, but thats not completely o bad, i can cash checks basically whenever at that point and do not have to wait in any lines. BUT, personally i like conversing face to face with people especially when it involves my money. idk, right now i am leaning towards USAA, but like i said, i know little about either.
LouieBagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieBagels View Post
i understand USAA is all online, but thats not completely o bad, i can cash checks basically whenever at that point and do not have to wait in any lines. BUT, personally i like conversing face to face with people especially when it involves my money.
Sounds to me like you just made your decision...

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieBagels View Post
i simply just want to know the difference, i dont want to go to bootamp completely oblivious and just choose one because my buddy next to me is choosing that one. i understand USAA is all online, but thats not completely o bad, i can cash checks basically whenever at that point and do not have to wait in any lines. BUT, personally i like conversing face to face with people especially when it involves my money. idk, right now i am leaning towards USAA, but like i said, i know little about either.
I'd go with Navy Fed. You get paid earlier. They have branches all over the world so when you pull into ports there typically is one. Plus they have a ton of ATM's and branches all around base.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
Arvy

Arvy is on a distinguished road

I already got Navy Federal and I'll be getting USAA as well for my car insurance. Just get both, these are the creme of the crop in terms of financial institutions.
Arvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
Devereux
**Active Duty**

Devereux will become famous soon enough

My recruiter said Navy Fed was the best option at our last DEP meeting. They mentioned it's better for, like a previous poster said, ports and foreign countries. Also 24/7 service. Also, they are affiliated with Teachers Federal and Bethpage Federal, so that's another pro. Go with NavyFed.
Devereux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Snowman

Snowman is on a distinguished road

A few of my friends who are currently serving recommend Navy Federal and there is another organization called Pentagon Federal or Penfed. The only reason I would consider USAA is for their insurance, which supposedly is really good for their members. My 0.2.
-Nassim Taleb
“If you are going to swim with the big sharks, you better not be a seal. If you are not really connected, you will simply be their dinner. Always know who the opponent is you intend to confront.”
-Martin Armstrong
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:44 PM   #7
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

You can have a usaa membership without having to bank with them. I do all my banking with navy fed but still get quotes for insurance and car loans from usaa. They have not been the cheapest for either one but I still check when I shop around.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote