NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 10-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
Navyftw93

Navyftw93 is on a distinguished road
Default Shaving

Should i shave the night before i ship? Or wait until they have us shave at boot?
Old 10-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
BloodyPheonix

BloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond repute

You don't get a lot of time to shave the first night so I would shave at the latest opportunity before you ship so there isn't much time for stubble growth.
BloodyPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
Navyftw93

Navyftw93 is on a distinguished road

Ok thank you very much!
Old 10-14-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
Devereux
**Active Duty**

Devereux will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I'd shave the night prior. Just so you're going in clean shaved. The first 48 hours I don't believe we even got time to shave... not until the first morning you wake up.
Devereux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
JSlattery

JSlattery will become famous soon enough

Two questions I thought of from this.

1) What kind of razors will they let us use? Like is it the disposable stuff or when they take us to the NEX can we get better ones?

2) Sadly, I'm one of the guys that has crap skin so when I shave, I break out horribly. When we do go to the NEX will they let us get and use Shaving Cream?

DEP: 20140827
Ship: 20150324
JSlattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:55 AM   #6
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

The razors were the kind that had disposable heads with like 4 blades when I went through. Everyone was issued shaving cream too. As females we didn't really use it except for a couple people who used it on their boots.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #7
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

When I went through in 2012, the razors were Gillette Mach 3's. The shaving cream was also a decent name-brand type. Whether or not you can buy different brand cream at the NEX is ultimately going to depend on your RDCs... but there's nothing specifically prohibiting it.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #8
JSlattery

JSlattery will become famous soon enough

That's not bad.

I did forget to proof read my statement. I really meant about like an after shave cream/lotion. Are we able to get some of that?

DEP: 20140827
Ship: 20150324
JSlattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #9
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

It'll depend on your RDCs... there's nothing in the instructions prohibiting it.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:21 PM   #10
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Last year it was Mach 4 Fusion (the kind with the single blade on the back for precise work) and Edge shaving gel. I haven't heard of a Gilette 5-blade yet, so this probably hasn't changed.

Don't count on being able to get anything special. Odds are they'll just tell you to 1) suck it up, or 2) go to medical for a no-shave chit. But, as stated, it's not impossible.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #11
BloodyPheonix

BloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond repute

What do you do with shaving cream on boots?
Old 10-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #12
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Some say it's a good way to strip polish off them. My RDCs had a fit when they heard, and promised a swift death to anyone who did so.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:07 PM   #13
BloodyPheonix

Oh totally not what I was expecting. I thought it was like some crazy alternative to regular polishing.