NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Professional Apprenticeship Career Track Program (PACT) > PACT Seaman (SN)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
FSTRRS

FSTRRS is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Any (SN) PACT future Sailors shipping out December 2014?

How do you guys/gals feel about being undesignated? I mostly hear lots of BS about it but it is mostly coming from people who started off with a rate. I want to make my Navy experience the very BEST out of it. Any positive vibes out there? DEPPERS OR Graduates?
FSTRRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #2
Navy1013
**Active Duty**

Navy1013 will become famous soon enough

I signed for A-PACT, in the same boat as you just avaition side. I ship out in January. I have spoke to a few people that started out undes. They loved it. My Senior Chief at my recruiting station started out S-PACT. He tries to get everyone to go undes. From what I have gathered anything you do in the military rate wise is what you make of it. The good thing about undes, is that you are not set in one job. I wanted MA as a rate but A-PACT got me looking into AO. Im getting excited about learning about what avaition has to offer.
Navy1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
FSTRRS

FSTRRS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy1013 View Post
I signed for A-PACT, in the same boat as you just avaition side. I ship out in January. I have spoke to a few people that started out undes. They loved it. My Senior Chief at my recruiting station started out S-PACT. He tries to get everyone to go undes. From what I have gathered anything you do in the military rate wise is what you make of it. The good thing about undes, is that you are not set in one job. I wanted MA as a rate but A-PACT got me looking into AO. Im getting excited about learning about what avaition has to offer.

When we sign we know what PACT track we are going to be in?
FSTRRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
classified9
**Active Duty**

classified9 will become famous soon enough

Kind of cool too because from my understanding you go straight to the fleet after RTC (might spend some time on hold before reporting but nonetheless straight to the fleet.)

I ship 01Oct2014 for CTI so maybe I'll be in the fleet at the beginning of 2016.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V
classified9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
Navy1013
**Active Duty**

Navy1013 will become famous soon enough

Yeah right after RTC for A-PACT I have to go to a 3 to 4 week basic training about avaition. I heard it was at Great Lakes and I heard it was in Penscola, FL. Then straight to the fleet.
Navy1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:13 AM   #6
RicoSuave23

RicoSuave23 is on a distinguished road
Red face PACT Airman

I'm currently a Pact airman, and i have been in the navy for 8 months now. I talked to my CCC and he said i'm eligible to strike in june of 2021, but i'm a E2 as of right now and i believe i become E3 in February. how can i track that to see if i do become E3 in feb.?

RicoSuave23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:37 AM   #7
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoSuave23 View Post
I'm currently a Pact airman, and i have been in the navy for 8 months now. I talked to my CCC and he said i'm eligible to strike in june of 2021, but i'm a E2 as of right now and i believe i become E3 in February. how can i track that to see if i do become E3 in feb.?

Welcome...I hope one of the other active guys will get on here soon to answer your question. I am just a mom, but my son is already out after 2 tours...

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:09 PM   #8
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoSuave23 View Post

You should be able to look in your personnel information on NSIPS for when you become an E-3. If anything, it'll say when you were advanced to E2, from there just add 9 months.

I wish I could add more, but I seem to have misplaced my CAC card reader for my home computer so I can't login to NSIPS.

If you're unsure of what or where NSIPS is, go to MyNavyPortal then quicklinks then click on NSIPS. Hope that helps

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pact (sn)