NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-14-2015, 07:16 AM   #1
Navywife160

Navywife160 is on a distinguished road
Default Leave After Bootcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
Sorry to say, but it sounds like your mom just doesnt want you to go...so since HE hasnt said he is grad-n-go, count on at east the weekend with him! So you said in a chat post that your mom is "controlling" and that you are an only child...you need to break that apron string now. You say you are married, be the wife your husband expects and go see him! He has made money while in boot, I am sure if you write him he will pay for it!
I was told by my husband's recruiter that my husband could get up to two weeks to come home after bootcamp.
Navywife160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:42 AM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navywife160 View Post
I was told by my husband's recruiter that my husband could get up to two weeks to come home after bootcamp.
Unless he graduates right at Christmas, that's extremely unlikely... the only people I've heard of coming home after bootcamp were ones who checked into their "A" School during holiday stand-down in December and were allowed to check out on leave.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:11 AM   #3
Navywife160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
Unless he graduates right at Christmas, that's extremely unlikely... the only people I've heard of coming home after bootcamp were ones who checked into their "A" School during holiday stand-down in December and were allowed to check out on leave.
That must of been another lie then lol
I think he will be graduating the beginning of January
What is the difference between AW and A pack?
Old 11-14-2015, 09:37 AM   #4
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That must of been another lie then lol
I think he will be graduating the beginning of January
Yea he's not gonna have any 2 weeks to come home. The recruiter personally said that to your face?

/r
CTT1
Old 11-14-2015, 09:49 PM   #5
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Semantics, but AW technically no longer exists as a rating... it used to be Aviation Anti-Submarine Warfare Operator, then Electronic Systems Warfare Operator, and now is Naval Aircrewman (Operator) under the AWO rating. According to the Navy, we're sensor operators... according to CNN, we're spy plane pilots, and according to Alex Jones, we're domestic surveillance operatives. AW has always been the only rating that only exists inside an airplane... AWF, AWV, and AWS were previously ground maintenance ratings who volunteered to fly. While they merged all flying jobs under an AWx ratings in 2008, the "AW Shop" in a squadron is still the AWO workspace... and when a Pilot of AWF refers to "those f**king AW's!", he's talking about an AWO.

As far as the difference between Aircrew and A-PACT, A-PACT are undesignated Airmen who work different aviation ground jobs while trying to get assigned a maintenance rating like AE, AM, AT, etc. Aircrew are Zipper-Suited Sun Gods who walk around with undeserved senses of entitlement, leave work early because of "crew rest requirements", and generally try their best to look like Maverick and/or Goose from Top Gun.

(That's all sarcasm... unless you ask maintenance; then it's 100% factual, lol)

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:35 AM   #6
Navywife160

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Yea he's not gonna have any 2 weeks to come home. The recruiter personally said that to your face?

/r
CTT1
Yes, he said he would be coming home for 1-2 weeks.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:55 AM   #7
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yes, he said he would be coming home for 1-2 weeks.
Most recruits go home for about 10 days after A school, not after bootcamp.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:03 AM   #8
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Under stand this...after boot camp he wouldn't even have that many days of leave accrued on the books...yes he could go in the hole so to speak...but that is the reason they don't usually let those go on leave right after boot, but after A school when they have the time to use.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:37 PM   #9
Navywife160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Most recruits go home for about 10 days after A school, not after bootcamp.
After NAACS?