NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Airmen (Airdales) > AT = AVIATION ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN, including ATI & ATO

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 10-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
ebennett

ebennett is on a distinguished road
Default New navy wife confused

My husband is in A school in pensacola now and he should be done in december. He is an AT-O and has to go to C school after. We havent been living together since july and its so hard with our five month old. I was wondering if anyone knew where the C schools are for his rate and places his rate get stationed at. And if its possible that were he goes to C school will be where his orders are.

Thank you!!!
ebennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebennett View Post
My husband is in A school in pensacola now and he should be done in december. He is an AT-O and has to go to C school after. We havent been living together since july and its so hard with our five month old. I was wondering if anyone knew where the C schools are for his rate and places his rate get stationed at. And if its possible that were he goes to C school will be where his orders are.

Thank you!!!
Welcome to the Navy family! Everyone understands what you're going through with the distance thing, so just hang in there. It gets better (we promise)!

So as far as C-school goes, it's just another school. You'll also see C-schools in relation to their corresponding NEC or Navy Enlisted Classification. Finding out which school or NEC he's going for will help you find where it's going to be.
-For example as a CTT, I can go to a C-school and get the NEC 9102 which designates me as being trained as an OPELINT Analyst.

Orders for his final duty station will probably be given out around the end of A-school (possibly after C school though depending on how long he'll be there). Typically if the Navy is going to drop all that money on sending someone to a C-school, they have a specific billet they need that Sailor to fill. That being said though, it could just be an overall specialty that's needed in the fleet right now. His final duty station will most likely have nothing to do with where his C school is though.

Also keep in mind that every Sailor's situation is different. There is rarely a cookie cutter answer for timelines. So just try and be flexible with what the Navy gives you, because it's like that for everyone.

Keep the questions coming as they come up! The biggest thing you can benefit from as a Navy Spouse is the larger Navy family that's here to help you. You're never alone.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
ebennett

Thank you so much! Another question after his A school do you know if he will get time off before going to C school? I asked and he doesnt know and everyone he asks seems to never know anything.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
Agrias
**Active Duty**

Agrias is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you so much! Another question after his A school do you know if he will get time off before going to C school? I asked and he doesnt know and everyone he asks seems to never know anything.
That's because no one knows. Depends when he finishes c school and how early they need him to report after that. But good news is that he'll be able to take 10 free days of house hunting leave when he gets to his ultimate duty station. You guys take that time to find a house, settle down, move furniture etc.
Agrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #5
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It just depends when that class starts up, so the timing could vary. I would say if he does get some time in between though he probably won't get authorized to take leave. They'll want him at the school house and ready to go.

As stated above though; you'll have some time after C-school and your duty station to get moved and settled.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
ebennett

If my husband gets his orders before c school can I move on base and get all that done while he is in c school or does he have to be with me?