NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTN = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN NETWORKS

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-23-2013, 03:37 AM   #1
Dpow86

Dpow86 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation CTN "A" school dates 2013/2014

I'm looking for the start dates of "A" school for 2013/2014 if anyone could provide.
Looking to get orders to school, dates would be greatly helpful.
Dpow86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Your best bet for that info is to ask your Command Career Counselor

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
gheinisch

gheinisch is on a distinguished road

My son just classed up this past Monday as a CTR. He was on hold for just a week, he was originally told he would on hold for three weeks. He said the CTN' s were jealous because their hold was going to be two months.
gheinisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
wishbone

wishbone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gheinisch View Post
My son just classed up this past Monday as a CTR. He was on hold for just a week, he was originally told he would on hold for three weeks. He said the CTN' s were jealous because their hold was going to be two months.
Does anyone know if it's still like that? I'd love to know how long CTNs are taking to class up. Is two months normal?

Any CTNs here comment on C schools at all? I know what the rating card says, but I'm just curious if you ended up going directly to C or had tor wait, or not at all.

TIA
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Does anyone know if it's still like that? I'd love to know how long CTNs are taking to class up. Is two months normal?

Any CTNs here comment on C schools at all? I know what the rating card says, but I'm just curious if you ended up going directly to C or had tor wait, or not at all.

TIA
I do know when I was in A school a long time ago that reservists class up before everyone else. they get top of the line. I'm not saying that applies to everywhere but I had a few ET reservists in my class and they waited like 2 days to class up. I believe they do this because they don't want to pay you active duty money for longer than needed.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
wishbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kforbs126 View Post
I do know when I was in A school a long time ago that reservists class up before everyone else. they get top of the line. I'm not saying that applies to everywhere but I had a few ET reservists in my class and they waited like 2 days to class up. I believe they do this because they don't want to pay you active duty money for longer than needed.
very interesting. thanks for the info!
Old 09-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
ejrwelch
**Active Duty**

ejrwelch is on a distinguished road

youtube navygypsy (jessica jolly?). She is a CTN and already at her first command but she still may be able to give you some insight!
ejrwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
wishbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrwelch View Post
youtube navygypsy (jessica jolly?). She is a CTN and already at her first command but she still may be able to give you some insight!
Thanks! I'll send her a note.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
Dapper

Dapper is on a distinguished road
Default Time from enlist to BC

I'm going to enlist and am going for CTN. (I know the woes of job locking). I have a degree in eng and scored a 99 on the practice ASVAB. I think I'll qualify...
My question is, from enlistment to BC, what are the ave wait times? 4 mo? 6 mo? Am I correct in assuming its based on your rating classes and security clearance or am I completely off base here?

Thx in advance for feedback

Dapper
Dapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

You can wait anywhere up to a year. Most people tend to wait 6-9 months, but it depends on when the openings are for your A school

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #11
Ghost

Ghost is on a distinguished road

Hello! I started CTN "A" school about a month and a half ago. Just to clear the air, our school is called JCAC. Joint Cyber Analysis Course. It's basically an "A" school and a "C" school combined. ION is really the only other school you can go to after JCAC but we can't talk about that on this forum. I depped in in May 2013 and shipped out for bootcamp August 12th. Youre gonna have to talk to your career counselor about shipping dates because they always change. As far as classing up goes, it just depends on once you graduate bootcamp and get to Corry Station here in Pensacola. Class dates are pretty varying. You could get put in holding anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months it just depends. If you have any other questions let me know! And Good luck!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #12
ritzcracker37

ritzcracker37 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
ION is really the only other school you can go to after JCAC but we can't talk about that on this forum.
This seems to be the case for most information pertaining to CTN. No one is able to talk about the details that I am interested in prior to going lol.

I hear that even in BC I won't receive any real info about CTN at all. Just have to get thrown into it at JCAC and go with it huh?
ritzcracker37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #13
Willow

Willow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Hello! I started CTN "A" school about a month and a half ago. Just to clear the air, our school is called JCAC. Joint Cyber Analysis Course. It's basically an "A" school and a "C" school combined. ION is really the only other school you can go to after JCAC but we can't talk about that on this forum. I depped in in May 2013 and shipped out for bootcamp August 12th. Youre gonna have to talk to your career counselor about shipping dates because they always change. As far as classing up goes, it just depends on once you graduate bootcamp and get to Corry Station here in Pensacola. Class dates are pretty varying. You could get put in holding anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months it just depends. If you have any other questions let me know! And Good luck!
My contract specifically states that I have a C school after my A school as a CTN. Is ION the C school?
Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #14
Race

Race is on a distinguished road

No ION school is a C school that you have to test into, the information on the rating card is outdated, CTN's go through JCAC which is kind of A/C school combined.
Race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #15
Willow

Willow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race View Post
No ION school is a C school that you have to test into, the information on the rating card is outdated, CTN's go through JCAC which is kind of A/C school combined.
Gotcha. I was under the impression that not all CTN's get a C school in their contract, though. Does that just translate into less time at JCAC?
Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #16
Race

Race is on a distinguished road

There is no CTN C school for our contracts, All CTNs have the same 6yr contract and spend the same amount of time in JCAC
Race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:38 PM   #17
ALJW2015

ALJW2015 is on a distinguished road

At "A" School do you still write letters or do you have your phone? Just curious.
ALJW2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:23 PM   #18
radar

radar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJW2015 View Post
At "A" School do you still write letters or do you have your phone? Just curious.
You can get your phone as soon as you arrive the airport to leave RTC.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote