NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Pass In Review (Graduation)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #1
Cobblestone

Cobblestone is on a distinguished road
Default Liberty Questions

Hello! I was wondering exactly how liberty after PIR works if my A school will be at Great Lakes? Assuming he can get leave, will my husband be able to bring me a few civvie things to put in the new barracks that weekend? How long is liberty that weekend? Will I have to be in the dress uniform or NSU's? If my husband is unable to bring everything I will need, will he be able to send me things in the mail? Are there any services that assist military members in shipping costs? Thanks!
Cobblestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

Soon after PIR you ill get on a bus and head to TSC and to your new barracks. You will get a quick liberty brief and then be given liberty till 2200, that was our time anyway. The rest of that weekend you will have liberty from 0600-2200, again these times are what we were given. You will have to wear either dress uniform or NSU, your choice. Your husband will be able to bring whatever you need; civvies, electronics, shoes, etc. you are able to receive mail there, the address will be given to you when you get there. No, nobody is going to help you pay to mail stuff to a school.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
Cobblestone

Cobblestone is on a distinguished road

Ok, thank you for the information!
Cobblestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:53 PM   #4
Devereux
**Active Duty**

Devereux will become famous soon enough

Everything what he said was accurate...take advantage of that liberty, because I was one of the people who didn't go there (majority of my division did) and I only got to see my mom for that one day until 9pm. Also, you won't have to stand watch on Liberty (yes, watch isn't secured on liberty) so consider yourself one of the lucky ones!
Devereux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:31 PM   #5
icander

icander is on a distinguished road

@ FutureND: Thank you for the information! I've been wondering about all that, myself.

@ Cobblestone: Good luck in the Navy! Whether or not you've already shipped out, I hope you're doing well. C:

--

The slate wipes clean on February 10th.
icander is offline   Reply With Quote