NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
F/S-MARodriguez

F/S-MARodriguez is on a distinguished road
Default FIT program at boot camp

Just how bad does someone have to be physically to be placed in this? I can pass my run and sit ups but maaaan do I suck at pushups.

If I do them "correct" form which is coming down all the way to your partner's fist I can do only about 20. However if I do them how I've been taught which is bending your arms 90 degrees I can pump out about 50. What I'm worried about is I've been working on them for about 2 months and still see no improvement.

At boot camp for the PRT how will we need to do the pushups?
F/S-MARodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
Dianakit12
**Active Duty**

Dianakit12 will become famous soon enough

As sad as it is, no one fails the push-ups or sit ups unless your shipmate fails you. Your parter will usually give them to you. I was placed in the FIT program for failing my run by 8 seconds. It's not horrible, but you don't want it (of course). For push-ups, you just have to keep your back straight and bend your arms to 90 degrees or more and you have to touch your thighs with the sit-ups while your arms are crossed, hands on your collar bone.
Dianakit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
AnnaGB

AnnaGB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianakit12 View Post
As sad as it is, no one fails the push-ups or sit ups unless your shipmate fails you. Your parter will usually give them to you. I was placed in the FIT program for failing my run by 8 seconds. It's not horrible, but you don't want it (of course). For push-ups, you just have to keep your back straight and bend your arms to 90 degrees or more and you have to touch your thighs with the sit-ups while your arms are crossed, hands on your collar bone.
Your shipmate is the one who watches your pushups? I guess that makes sense. There's so many of us and not everyone can have an official making sure we do what we are supposed to do. Still sad though.

I am also having very slow progress with my pushups. I will be proud when I pass the tests though!
AnnaGB is offline   Reply With Quote