NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 AM   #1
ayytolduso

ayytolduso is on a distinguished road
Default embarrassing

Hi this is kind of an embarrassing question but i was just wondering during the physical portion or Pdays of bootcamp do they check for stds? I know that they check for HIV/AIDS but what about chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc.? And if i did get tested positive would i be disqualified and be sent home?
ayytolduso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #2
maggio1994

maggio1994 is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure they'd test for that, I know a couple guys who got DQ'd and separated for things like Hepatitis.

I'd wait for a reply from somebody a bit more knowledgeable in this subject rather than take my word

maggio1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
Malarkey

Malarkey is on a distinguished road

My friend just got back from boot, he said two people got sent home for having chlamydia. Apparently it is considered an open sore and potential infectant and the navy does not want that spreading. My chief said he will kick out anyone with an STD from the DEP pool. They don't **** around with anything bloodborne. I'd ask your recruiter but it's probably not going to be a good answer.

EDIT: Confirmed with my recruiter. They will check and send home for STD's. I'd get tested beforehand if there's any worry...
Malarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
My friend just got back from boot, he said two people got sent home for having chlamydia. Apparently it is considered an open sore and potential infectant and the navy does not want that spreading. My chief said he will kick out anyone with an STD from the DEP pool. They don't **** around with anything bloodborne. I'd ask your recruiter but it's probably not going to be a good answer.

EDIT: Confirmed with my recruiter. They will check and send home for STD's. I'd get tested beforehand if there's any worry...
They do not send home for curable STD's. They'll give you meds for it. My bunk mate had an STD at boot and she was on antibotics for a few weeks. Unless they've changed in the past 4 years, which I doubt. The Navy is full of STD's and even HIV positive people.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote