NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 07-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
mike
Banned

mike is infamous around these parts
Default Do you really you a midnight snack at RTC in the 800 division?

"The SR's in an 800 division can receive an extra ration of food around midnight at the galley if they want it due to the extra calories that they burn due to the physical training that they go through. These recruits are not permitted to work out except during PT or IT (intensive training; extra PT given as a corrective action). The 800 divisions go through Battle Stations-21 alone"

Read this and I'm wondering if they wake you up in the middle of the night to eat salad and brownies or whatever they give you? I don't know if interrupting sleep like that is a good idea.

Anyone have any experience/ what to expect? Thanks in advance.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
BubbaGumps64

BubbaGumps64 is on a distinguished road

I know a guy that was in an 800 division. It's not an extra meal. They give you a protein bar after taps.

As far as going through battle stations alone, this is false. There were two 800 divisions that did battle stations the same day my division did.

Having your sleep interrupted always happens, it's called having watch in the middle of the night. Don't expect to have a solid amount of sleep. A few hours, then watch, and maybe some sleep after watch if you're lucky.
BubbaGumps64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #3
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaGumps64 View Post
Having your sleep interrupted always happens, it's called having watch in the middle of the night. Don't expect to have a solid amount of sleep. A few hours, then watch, and maybe some sleep after watch if you're lucky.
Not to mention ironing and snow watch in the winter, getting woken up for important decklog entries if you're starboard watch/getting up early to get the morning paperwork done if you're a yeoman etc . . . Learning how to function while heavily sleep deprived is like the biggest thing bootcamp teaches.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

You will get protein bars and fruit/crackers that you will take to your barracks after dinner. When you get it depends on your RDCs and/or recruit leadership. We gave it out right before taps, some people are it then and some saved it to eat in the am. I always saved it, you will have dive mo pt early in the morning before breakfast. I always preferred having something on my stomach before working out, we wnt straight to breakfast after dive mo.

You are technically not supposed to do any pt except when instructed. We always had guys working out or doing something after taps. We had whoever was on watch kind of be a look out for us. There are pipes in the drying room that are great for pull ups, racks have a bar perfect for sit ups. A lot of guys will complain that their PST scores went down in RTC, mine didn't. Push yourself and put out during dive mo and there is no reason they should go down, and work out after taps.

Battle stations will be with everyone else.

As far as ironing and stuff like that that's "supposed" to be done after taps, you guys will get creative at finding ways around it.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:16 AM   #5
mike
Banned

mike is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureND View Post
You will get protein bars and fruit/crackers that you will take to your barracks after dinner. When you get it depends on your RDCs and/or recruit leadership. We gave it out right before taps, some people are it then and some saved it to eat in the am. I always saved it, you will have dive mo pt early in the morning before breakfast. I always preferred having something on my stomach before working out, we wnt straight to breakfast after dive mo.

You are technically not supposed to do any pt except when instructed. We always had guys working out or doing something after taps. We had whoever was on watch kind of be a look out for us. There are pipes in the drying room that are great for pull ups, racks have a bar perfect for sit ups. A lot of guys will complain that their PST scores went down in RTC, mine didn't. Push yourself and put out during dive mo and there is no reason they should go down, and work out after taps.

Battle stations will be with everyone else.

As far as ironing and stuff like that that's "supposed" to be done after taps, you guys will get creative at finding ways around it.
ty ty, I am honestly scared to death about the dive physical. How in depth do they go on the physical part (looking over every part of your body or is it like MEPS?)? And do a lot of guys get separated for problems during the dive physical? Thanks man
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #6
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

Dive physical is a little more in depth but not much. You will get an x ray of your chest and will have to be able to clear your ears. I think we had one person not pass the physical.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote