NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Nuclear Program (NUC)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 12-11-2015, 08:33 PM   #1
Cheesehead12

Cheesehead12 is on a distinguished road
Default Advice About Security Clearance

So I just got back from MEPS today and got my rate as a nuke. A couple of days ago I went in to my recruiters office and turned in my security clearance and asked about whether I needed to list the parking tickets I had recieved, as I have had quite a few, but they have all been paid. My recruiter said that I did not need to put them on the form because they didnt show up on my record. When I went to MEPS, I was asked again if I had had any parking tickets and I said no because I was told to always say the same things that I had listed on all other forms, by my recruiter. Now I'm worried that the FBI will find out and disqualify me, or whatever happens when they find out about these kinds of things. What do you guys suggest I do?
Cheesehead12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:36 PM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

MEPS is MEPS... But you never want to lie to a background investigator. As long as the parking tickets are paid off, there's no reason they should affect you shipping to RTC. I don't recall any questions on the SF-86 you fill out for a clearance asking about parking tickets anyway.

Once again though... if you meet with an investigator, and he asks about tickets, tell the truth! He probably already knows anyway.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:28 AM   #3
mb11g

mb11g is on a distinguished road

First off if the parking tickets are not over a certain dollar amount they do not go on a security clearance (as long as they aren't all like $300). Second of all relax, you will probably be fine. I wouldn't freak out that much about tickets, you would rather have that than some of those I work with that had worse. I'm not just giving you a generic response on here, I had a two hour interview myself (I'm an IS in the fleet). Feel free to ask any other questions if you have them.
mb11g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #4
Cheesehead12

Cheesehead12 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys!! You helped calm a lot of nerves I was having!
Cheesehead12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:30 PM   #5
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb11g View Post
First off if the parking tickets are not over a certain dollar amount they do not go on a security clearance (as long as they aren't all like $300). Second of all relax, you will probably be fine. I wouldn't freak out that much about tickets, you would rather have that than some of those I work with that had worse. I'm not just giving you a generic response on here, I had a two hour interview myself (I'm an IS in the fleet). Feel free to ask any other questions if you have them.
Please get your account verified.
You've had plenty of time, if there are issues please let me know.

/r
CTT1
Old 12-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #6
blacktemplar

blacktemplar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Please get your account verified.
You've had plenty of time, if there are issues please let me know.

/r
CTT1
Heh, I meant to aswell, I'm gonna do it now.