NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-14-2017, 09:46 AM   #1
rmorales14

rmorales14 is on a distinguished road
Default NWU Type 3's?

I know they are going to start being issued starting October 1st, but is there any chance of getting them when I ship out September 20th? I know thats clearly not October 1st, but I wasn't sure with it being so close if they would just start it then?
rmorales14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #2
KRoss

KRoss is on a distinguished road

IC3 in my recruiting district is 90% sure I'll be getting them when I ship on the 25th. I'm hoping so for people like us, who will just get there before the official start of the transition. I'd hate for us to have to get new N-dubs halfway through our enlistment
KRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

If I remember correctly it takes a couple weeks before you get fitted for your nwu. So by the time you get there to be fitted you'll probably have the type iii.
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #4
Agrias
**Active Duty**

Agrias is on a distinguished road

You say that, but I also shipped on September 25th of 2013, and October that year was when they started putting your name tape on your nwu heavy weather jacket, and also the rank tab on the liner. Guess who didn't get either of those things and had to get them done in A school. This guy.
Agrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #5
KRoss

KRoss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
You say that, but I also shipped on September 25th of 2013, and October that year was when they started putting your name tape on your nwu heavy weather jacket, and also the rank tab on the liner. Guess who didn't get either of those things and had to get them done in A school. This guy.
Interesting to know. Half hoping to get the blues just because I think they're neat and uniquely "Navy", but I'm also in a six year contract and don't want to have to get a second set of NWU's a third of the way into my enlistment.
KRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:19 PM   #6
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRoss View Post
Interesting to know. Half hoping to get the blues just because I think they're neat and uniquely "Navy", but I'm also in a six year contract and don't want to have to get a second set of NWU's a third of the way into my enlistment.
You get a uniform allowance every year on the day you went to boot camp. So buying a set of NWUs isn't really that terrible financially. I think the Type IIIs are the same price or close to it, but don't quote me on that lol

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #7
contigo26

contigo26 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorales14 View Post
I know they are going to start being issued starting October 1st, but is there any chance of getting them when I ship out September 20th? I know thats clearly not October 1st, but I wasn't sure with it being so close if they would just start it then?
No you will not get the Type III's. It's mentioned they will start the Type III's on October 1st. Even if your date lands like September 31 or whatever you'll still have the blueberries. Unless its precisely on shipping date of October 1st then you get the type III's
contigo26 is offline   Reply With Quote