NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation
Default CT's assigned to Tactical Information Operations (TIO)

Rarely do sailors actually work with the SEALS, but as a CT you might get this rare opportunity. If they ask, it will only be once, so be prepared to you do want what I'm about to say....

Being a SPEC OPS CT is probably this best thing there is. Does it have consequences? You bet! If you have noticed during almost every helicopter that is shot down in Afghanistan, there is at least 1 CT on board. It's part of the job. We have to have CT's doing those types of jobs. The CT's are the only people that are authorized to do it. It's part of the Secret Squirrel type of stuff, and I can't go into it. However, as always, I will point you to the unclassified rules.
CT assigned to Tactical Information Operations (TIO)
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-np...s/1306-984.pdf

Secondly, you will only be one of a handful of people to earn the NEC of 5350. Which says:
http://i39.tinypic.com/dphcfn.jpg

So, all I can say is, if this was my son and he didn't take this rare opportunity, then I would have to start reading my book again....Just saying...

But I'll be in harms way?

In todays age, I wouldn't be scared at all. Heck our police get shot at more than our military. I'd much rather be in Afganistan as a CT, than walking through the ghetto in my own country (the U.S.)

What people fail to realize is that when they show the # of military that have died in the middle east, it includes people that died in car accidents and other weird stuff (ie suicides). You have more chances of getting wack here in the U.S. just by driving a car. Everyone still has that WW2 stuff in their heads where we lost thousands per day. But look at the numbers in our generation. It's 1850 since 2001. That to me is incredible. Heck, we're at war. 1850 is not that much. It's just that the news plays it up.

I hate talking about deaths, especially to a bunch of deppers. But people just need to know the facts. 10 years of war (1850 killed) doesn't even add up to the single day of the World Trade Center killings (2996 killed). We can walk around scared or we can live our lifes. To me, I would be honored for my son spearheading our military in the middle east. When you look at the numbers, it shows that he's not in harms way.
Just my view.....of course, I'm not a depper either....

http://icasualties.org/oef/

Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:11 AM   #2
Breakdancer/EOD

Breakdancer/EOD is on a distinguished road
Default wow

I've been in the navy warrior program and might not make contract right now because my run wasn't competitive enough. But all my other scores are great! I'm working on my run and by the time I'm eligible to apply my run will be well in the nines! PST score right now are 9:50 swim/85 push ups/ 80 sit ups/ 17 pull ups/ 11:12 run. I'm 29 years old and will be attending boot camp april the 7th. This information is perfect and just what i need to keep my workouts intense, ad well as my new goal as a ctt. I was a little upset about not making contract because of my run. But it looks as if i have a second chance

Breakdancer/EOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:24 AM   #3
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakdancer/EOD View Post
I've been in the navy warrior program and might not make contract right now because my run wasn't competitive enough. But all my other scores are great! I'm working on my run and by the time I'm eligible to apply my run will be well in the nines! PST score right now are 9:50 swim/85 push ups/ 80 sit ups/ 17 pull ups/ 11:12 run. I'm 29 years old and will be attending boot camp april the 7th. This information is perfect and just what i need to keep my workouts intense, ad well as my new goal as a ctt. I was a little upset about not making contract because of my run. But it looks as if i have a second chance
I work with a bunch of ET's that have worked with dev group and they PT everyday which includes a 6 mile run daily. While getting your run time way down will be good, you have to be able to run for distance as well.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #4
Breakdancer/EOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kforbs126 View Post
I work with a bunch of ET's that have worked with dev group and they PT everyday which includes a 6 mile run daily. While getting your run time way down will be good, you have to be able to run for distance as well.
distance is not a problem its the speed of the distance. I can run forever at a 8 min mile pace. But that's not good enough for spec ops.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #5
Zachdaniel

Zachdaniel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
distance is not a problem its the speed of the distance. I can run forever at a 8 min mile pace. But that's not good enough for spec ops.
can you change over spec ops ratings after age 30? i'm 24 now and wanted EOD but due to being a single father was denied active duty and all spec ops jobs and would have to wait until E-5 to rate change into EOD per USNR regs for EOD or until my contract was up and i could rate change out.. But Ive been stressing abou that due to i would be age 30 at that time and DQ from EOD..
Zachdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:40 AM   #6
Breakdancer/EOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachdaniel View Post
can you change over spec ops ratings after age 30? i'm 24 now and wanted EOD but due to being a single father was denied active duty and all spec ops jobs and would have to wait until E-5 to rate change into EOD per USNR regs for EOD or until my contract was up and i could rate change out.. But Ive been stressing abou that due to i would be age 30 at that time and DQ from EOD..
I think once we are in we can get a waiver. I've seen dudes in surviving the cut that were in their 30's as well as green berets

Old 02-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #7
Zachdaniel

Zachdaniel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think once we are in we can get a waiver. I've seen dudes in surviving the cut that were in their 30's as well as green berets
That is true now that you mention it. I mad because I wanted EOD bad and then I denied active duty but a foot in the door is better then not getting in and waiting to approved for AD.
Zachdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote