NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 02-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
AyeeYoAP

AyeeYoAP is on a distinguished road
Default Graduated RTC 2/1!

I graduated bootcamp on 2/1! I am now in Pensacola, FL at Correy Station for CTN A School. If yu have any questions about bootcamp, ill be more than happy to answer them
AyeeYoAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
dascolbert

dascolbert is on a distinguished road

What were your before and after PFAs? Mainly how prepared were you?
Old 02-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
OliviaJ

OliviaJ is on a distinguished road
Default Boot Camp

What was the PT like? How hard physically was Navy Boot Camp? Were any people ASMOD for failing their PFA's?
OliviaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
Blasterion

Blasterion is on a distinguished road

Congratulations, how was the food.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
AyeeYoAP

@dascolbert I failed my first PFA bkuz of my situps (my tummy was sore from PT 2 days before) and I did 21 pushups and ran 14:05. I passed my 2nd PFA w. 47 pushups, 57 situps, and my run tine didn't change. I passed my 3rd PFA w. 80 situps, 51 pushups, and a 13:18 run. I was prepared, I just underestimated the situps. But better the situps than the run (trust me)

@OliviaJ Bootcamp PT is not hard whatsoever. If yu can run 20 minutes without stopping yu'll be okay. Getting beat isn't tht bad either. We didn't really get beat, but tht all depends on yur RDC. And yes, people did get ASMO'd for failing the PFA! We lost like... 4 girls bkuz ofit but one still got to graduate w. Us bkuz she was able to pass and still make it to Battlestations before PIR, but everyone isn't tht lucky.

@Blasterion I gained 14 lbs. Does tht answer yur question? Lol Peanut butter will become yur best friend.. Trust me.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
dascolbert

dascolbert is on a distinguished road

That's quite a lot of improvement from your first PFA and your second. I'm guessing you're a female judging by passing with those run times. Good job on graduating.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
OliviaJ

OliviaJ is on a distinguished road
Default Navy Female Hair Regulations

How did the African-American females in boot camp keep their hair? Did some have weave(sew-ins), cornrows, or did they cut their hair very short? * I am a Black female that ships 20130226 and I am just wondering how I should do my hair.*
OliviaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
aecfjohnnydep

aecfjohnnydep is on a distinguished road

OliviaJ I've been watching this girl's videos on youtube, she's african-american. she has a good amount of videos about bootcamp and everything and goes into the topic of how your hair should be A LOT. those parts didn't help me, since i'm a white dude, but i hope it helps you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NavyGirl...ow=grid&view=0
aecfjohnnydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
llamayamaa

llamayamaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaJ View Post
How did the African-American females in boot camp keep their hair? Did some have weave(sew-ins), cornrows, or did they cut their hair very short? * I am a Black female that ships 20130226 and I am just wondering how I should do my hair.*
It's really all dependent on your RDCs. I can tell you that for my divisions, all the girls that had weave had to take it out. One girl had short (very short... like 2 inch long) dreads that they let her keep. When we got our hair cuts, they made all the girls take their braids out (didn't matter how small they were) to make sure the length didn't exceed the collar. For the rest of the time, the girls had to keep their hair in corn rows (if they couldn't keep it 'neat looking' otherwise), although some opted to cut their hair super short with the sewing scissors. For the ones that kept their hair in corn rows, I don't think they even had to go back and get hair cuts so long as they kept their hair braided.

Hope that helps!
llamayamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
AyeeYoAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaJ View Post
There were 3 girls in my division that had a weave (including myself). 2 of us had sew ins and the other girl had a wig. The girls that had braids had to take them out every time we got haircuts to make sure they were still in regs. But we are allowed to have scarves and bonnets for our hair at night and the NEX had products besides Pink lotion for AA women. They have ORS hair lotion, doo gro, motions, etc.

This was my experience personally, but all RDCs are different.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #11
Dprocarione

Dprocarione is on a distinguished road

i have a question thats more to due with your rate i am also going as a ctn i leave for boot tuesday. i was told ill graduate as e3 since in the ctn contract it puts me at e4 after a school so i was just curious if its true or should i try to go for above and beyond and hope for the best?
Dprocarione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #12
mrsgriebel

mrsgriebel is on a distinguished road

I think i ask all recruits this because it varies.

Do you remember how many shots you got?
Do you remember the ones you got?
Did you bring your immunization records with you? If you did, were you excluded from any shots you had previously?
mrsgriebel is offline   Reply With Quote