NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 01-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #1
Poet4real

Poet4real is on a distinguished road
Default 800 division.

So I was wondering how does one get into an 800 division in bootcamp. How would I go about trying to join the Navy seals. Basically how can I get into that pipeline if it's not in my contact. And what are jobs that are similar to navy seals that go through that same pipe line. My rate is HM. Thank you for your replies I appreciate it.
Poet4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #2
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

As an HM you will not be in an 800 division. SEAL's SWCC, EOD..basically any special OPS type of rating goes into an 800 division in boot as they do need special training during boot. You can ask your recruiter if you can take the pre-test for SEALS before you go to boot..they do have qualifications that must be met for it to be in your contract, I think the same is true for SWCC. I know in the past they used to ask if there was anyone that wanted to try for it while at boot..not sure if that is offered anymore..the ones that have been there recently might know that.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
camfurr

camfurr is on a distinguished road

You no longer take a PST at bootcamp to get a SEAL contract. You need to talk to your recruiter about getting in contact with your local special warfare coordinator in order to take a PST BEFORE you leave for bootcamp. Otherwise, you will not have another chance for 2 years at least.
camfurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
Poet4real

Quote:
Originally Posted by camfurr View Post
You no longer take a PST at bootcamp to get a SEAL contract. You need to talk to your recruiter about getting in contact with your local special warfare coordinator in order to take a PST BEFORE you leave for bootcamp. Otherwise, you will not have another chance for 2 years at least.
So say I take the PST and Go through an 800 division. Then I finally get to buds training. What would happen if I were to fail out. would I be an HM still? And could I get another chance to retry?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

No, you would be needs of the navy, and they'll put you where they need you (usually PACT Seaman)

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
Poet4real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy2010 View Post
No, you would be needs of the navy, and they'll put you where they need you (usually PACT Seaman)
That happens even if I wait two years to try out for it?
Old 01-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy2010 View Post
This is not true. If you do not make it through a spec ops program you will get the chance to pick a new rate just like you did at MEPS. The only difference here is that you don't have a lot of time. New jobs are listed every Monday morning so they told me I could come back then and see if there was something I wanted, if I didn't see something I wanted they would pick something for me.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote