NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > IT = INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN (IT, ITS)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 04-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Nicknyte
**Active Duty**

Nicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to all
Default How long is A+C school for ATF?

I mainly wanted to know because I would like to bring my wife if I stay over the 6 month waiver.
Nicknyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

What program? It varies and isn't always in the same place... I've been out of basic for 5 months; still have about 14 months before I get to my final duty station.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
Nicknyte
**Active Duty**

Nicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
What program? It varies and isn't always in the same place... I've been out of basic for 5 months; still have about 14 months before I get to my final duty station.
I know there are two C schools, and this is the IT area, so I guess both?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
Coppertop

Coppertop is on a distinguished road

You'll be over at Corry Station for more than six months. A-school alone is about 4, then depending on your C-school thats another 3-4 months. Plus any holding time in between you're looking at 9-10 months altogether. I knew plenty of guys that had their wives there.
Coppertop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
Nicknyte
**Active Duty**

Thank you so much!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #6
Gar

Gar is on a distinguished road

You will be at Corry 9 to 11 months, A school being just about 4 months of class time. Oh and about the dependent situation, they won't pay for any family to move down here as you do not meet the 6 month requirement. Don't ask me why, but some reason when they do the orders they separate the A and C school so really it is seen as you being there for 4 months, a week or 2 of holding and then another 3 or 4 months even though you stay at the same location.

If you want to move your wife down here, get ready to do it on your own dime, and if you do and get orders to somewhere closer to where you DEP'd in than Pensacola, get ready to pay for the difference in distance. Also, right now all requests to live off base chits are being denied as of last month.
Gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
minnty

minnty is on a distinguished road
Question

this makes me curious, so if my wife and daughter are allowed to accompany me to Correy station, and then the chits to live off base are not being allowed, then how would that work?
minnty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #8
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnty View Post
this makes me curious, so if my wife and daughter are allowed to accompany me to Correy station, and then the chits to live off base are not being allowed, then how would that work?
The above poster said you are not allowed to bring them down on the Navy's dime. Probably why they won't approve off base living.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
Gar

Gar is on a distinguished road

That is correct, orders indicate whether you can bring your family down or not and for IT A and C School combined they do not approve your family to be moved down.

Now if you move your family down here yourself, they may start approving chits again for living off base, I was lucky and got mine approved before they decided to start denying them.
Gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:22 AM   #10
Teck3

Teck3 is a glorious beacon of lightTeck3 is a glorious beacon of light

This thread is +2 years old, but for the sake of updated information, per my Chief, my orders for "A" & "C" schools do state that they'll pay for my wife to relocate to Pensacola. I was worried because of what I read in this thread about "A" and "C" school being considered two separate sets of orders, but one of my mentor meetings was with him and I raised that issue. He elevated the question for me and the answer that came back with was that, yes, I can move her down when I get to Pensacola.
Ship - 20151019 (currently at RTC)
Teck3 is offline   Reply With Quote