NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Back From Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 06-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
I heard they have a salad bar and lobster on Friday night at RTC........is that way off?
Lobster? No. But there is a basic salad bar that I highly encourage utilizing for lunch and dinner.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
mike
Banned

mike is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
Lobster? No. But there is a basic salad bar that I highly encourage utilizing for lunch and dinner.
Thanks man, anyone have any idea what the options are for breakfast? And what about snacks during the day and dessert?
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks man, anyone have any idea what the options are for breakfast? And what about snacks during the day and dessert?
Snacking throughout the day is a habit you want to break before you ship.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #4
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Breakfast had stuff like pancakes, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, biscuit and gravy etc, also cereal/oatmeal and lots of fruits and yogurt.

No snacks.

Dessert'll depend on the day (sometimes more fruit or yogurt, sometimes cookies, ice cream only on sundays, there was pie for Christmas), but your RDCs may yell at you for eating it. In my div the people who had passed a PFA were given free rein, anyone else would be seriously guilt tripped if they asked for dessert.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
mike
Banned

mike is infamous around these parts

Thanks guys, I still think SEAL candidates should get more snacks and exercise but whatever....they think losing mass and fitness is a good idea.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #6
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

While I agree that the meal system at bootcamp is overall somewhat detrimental to one's health, at the same time:

a) It's only 2 months for most people. (I personally had the privilege of being there for 4.)
b) Bootcamp's primary goal is not to make you as fit as possible. Its primary goal is to make you a sailor, which requires some discipline, team spirit, and sacrifices.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #7
ESTheo

ESTheo is on a distinguished road

If you have a root canal going in and don't tell them about it, will you be kicked out?
ESTheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #8
shamablama

shamablama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESTheo View Post
If you have a root canal going in and don't tell them about it, will you be kicked out?
It's possible. You might want to tell them because you're gonna get checked out by dental during p-days and they will find out about it either way.

Depped in 01AUG2013
Shipping out 25MAR2014
Air Traffic Controller
shamablama is offline   Reply With Quote