NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 04-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
jen

jen is on a distinguished road
Default FIT division

Hi I have a question on fit division, anyone with inof?
jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

As in RCU/FIT? The holding unit for recruits who failed their final PFT and were ASMO'd? I had brief interactions with them... what are you trying to find out?

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
cocastar

cocastar is on a distinguished road

I know that I was 2 lbs over my max during the first weigh-in in P-days with my division. The day that we had our baseline PFA (where they see where u stand in the 1.5 mile, the sit-ups and pushups).

I had to go early with a group they lovingly called "Healthy Starts". i.e. we were all over-weight.

Once we got there, they weighed and taped us. I passed the taping, so I was able to participate in the PFA. Those who did not pass the taping, had to sit out (ironically enough). If they did not pass the taping, that means that their body measurements added up to over 33% body fat for females and over 22% body fat for males. There are height-weight charts online if you are not sure of your body fat percentage.

If you're close to the border like I was (5lbs close to the max), I suggest you get at least 10 lbs below your max. The Healthy starts were given extra special attention in medical, but it was really a lot of personal motivation to make the most of physical training sessions or intensive training sessions. I worked out hard when we had the opportunity, I didn't just go through the motions half heartedly. I also ate well in the galley. U can gain a lot of weight eating peanut-butter and cookies all day. After bootcamp, I lost about 11lbs and I'm still maintaining a regular workout routine.
cocastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
johnplisac32
**Active Duty**

johnplisac32 is on a distinguished road

not sounding good for me i can pass my prt but my body fat is 22% already alot of people i talk with say they gained weighted in boot