NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Airmen (Airdales) > AW = NAVAL AIRCREWMAN (AWO, AWF, AWV, AWS, AWR)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-23-2015, 07:26 AM   #1
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyPheonix View Post
Hey Hass, this might be outside your area of expertise but I figured I'd try since you said you have a few friends that do the mine hunting thing (AWR?).

I was talking to a mineman a few weeks ago and I asked him where females typically get sent because they aren't allowed on Mine Countermeasure ships. He said that it's pretty common for them to end up with squadrons working with the mine hunting helos. I was wondering if you knew what that duty would entail? If it was riding along on the helo during flight or simply helping disarm/destroy the mines that were picked up when they landed?
I'm not sure exactly what their duties would be, but the only ones flying in HM squadrons will be the pilots and AWS'... she'll most likely be servicing the mine countermeasure equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Morales View Post
CTF-84 @ Virginia Beach
Hmm... I've got a few guesses, but nothing I want to discuss on open forum. Most likely your role is going to be "analyst"...

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
NavyGirl2015
**Active Duty**

NavyGirl2015 is on a distinguished road

Just got my orders for my FRS! I got p-3s so I'm going to Jacksonville.
NavyGirl2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:03 PM   #3
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGirl2015 View Post
Just got my orders for my FRS! I got p-3s so I'm going to Jacksonville.
Right on! We'll probably cross paths at some point in Whidbey.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:25 PM   #4
BloodyPheonix

BloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond repute

That makes a lot more sense than what I was thinking. Thanks.
BloodyPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote