NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
Samma

Samma is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Couple of questions before I swear in

Hi, I'm new here so bare with me. I'm a female trying to go active in the administrative field. I've already passed my asvab/security clearance and was ready to go off to MEPS. Unfortunately I recently got into a car accident & have to seek physical therapy so that's delaying my entrance. Any serious answers will gladly be appreciated!!! Cutting to the point my questions are:

Will the navy disqualify me if I used to take depression pills? (long story mom used to think I slept to much after coming to America)
Will they let me do the "girl push-ups" ? (I've heard from a reserve they will)
My crunches/1.5 are all within standard but can't do a regular push-up to save my life... what can I do to build that up?
Car accident wasn't my fault, will going to physical therapy mess me up by going in?
is MEPS as strict as my recruiter makes it seem?
Samma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
Cmann318

Cmann318 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samma View Post

Hi, I'm new here so bare with me. I'm a female trying to go active in the administrative field. I've already passed my asvab/security clearance and was ready to go off to MEPS. Unfortunately I recently got into a car accident & have to seek physical therapy so that's delaying my entrance. Any serious answers will gladly be appreciated!!! Cutting to the point my questions are:

Will the navy disqualify me if I used to take depression pills? (long story mom used to think I slept to much after coming to America)
Will they let me do the "girl push-ups" ? (I've heard from a reserve they will)
My crunches/1.5 are all within standard but can't do a regular push-up to save my life... what can I do to build that up?
Car accident wasn't my fault, will going to physical therapy mess me up by going in?
I know the military doesn't play with depression and anxiety type ailments. As far as it DQing you tat im not sure of only he MEPS docs can tell you. How long ago was it that you were put on meds and how long have you been off? If by girl push up you mean on your knees I believe the answer is no. Youll just be asked to do maybe 15-20 of them to pass the test in boot. The only way to build up is to do them 5-6 days a week. start out with a low number like maybe 30 a day and then work your way up until you can do 100 a day. The MEPS docs are gonna want every record there is about your injury diagnoses from the wreck and you'll have to complete all physical therapy and be cleared ok by a Dr before they'll except you in the Navy. Godd luck to you! I had surgery on a broken arm about 10 years ago and that took about 3 months to get cleared by the Navy Dr so just be patient.
Cmann318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
Samma

I was 14 and never took the pills ever since then, no anxiety thankfully just my mom didn't want me coming home from school and sleeping all the time. it's been roughly 6 years since then. And that's crazy but thanks for the info.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 AM   #4
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Just make sure your recuiter knows everything in advance about any and all medical...it make take now up to 6 months to get cleared from your injury from the accident. As far as the anti-depresants when you were young..if it is in your medical records..the navy WILL find it, best to tell them now than get in trouble and possibly kicked out later for not telling.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Samma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
Just make sure your recuiter knows everything in advance about any and all medical...it make take now up to 6 months to get cleared from your injury from the accident. As far as the anti-depresants when you were young..if it is in your medical records..the navy WILL find it, best to tell them now than get in trouble and possibly kicked out later for not telling.
Thank you for the info I appreciate it
Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
warehimer33

warehimer33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samma View Post

Ehh.. Most MEPS are different but my MEPS was really really laid back. The only strict part about it was in the morning when we got off the bus from the hotel, that was it. The medical was all pretty much self-paced at my MEPS.

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan
warehimer33 is offline   Reply With Quote