NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
Mparker181

Mparker181 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamayamaa View Post
I think there's quite a difference between not sugar coating an answer and being judgmental in your answer. She (I'm assuming) simply asked if females still had to get their hair cut. A non-sugar coated answer would have simply been "yes." It was the judgmental responses that are upsetting. Telling someone they have their priorities wrong or that they're concerned about the wrong things when they ask a simple question like haircuts can hardly be considered "not sugar coating"--- it's just mean. Maybe they're just curious, or trying to be well informed.

Furthermore, most of the responses on this entire navydep forum are speculation and rumors- people declaring the way something operates in the military simply because that's what happened to them or someone they know. Rules and regulations are constantly changing and have exceptions, just because something happened a certain way for one person doesn't mean it's set in stone for everyone.

By all means, people want honest answers when they ask questions. But people tend to inject their own opinions and biases into their answers, which seams to be the case in this thread.

Exactly this, thank you!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

It seems I HAD to go further to answer the question...AGAIN. My first response to the question was a simple "YES! The navy is the ONLY branch of the military that requires females to cut their hair... " HOWEVER...that simple answer was questioned AGAIN. I dont know how many times or ways to say the same thing over and over again. So if you think I am getting snarky about it..it gets rather repetitive to get repeating ones self. IF and when the rules change..we will post them as soon as the navy makes it official in their rules.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Mparker181

Mparker181 is on a distinguished road

The last time this thread was even brought up was in February. So things can change. Pardon me for being curious. A simple "the rules haven't changed" was all that was needed. If you don't want to give repetitive answers, don't answer repetitive questions.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

While this thread has been dead since February, that question does pop up quite frequently. I've seen it at least 10 times and I haven't even been on here that long. Any thread that asks anything about hair will have it at least once as well as many of the ask the new graduates threads.

That plus the "I heard they're extending bootcamp to X number of weeks" . . . nope, the rumors persist but nothing actually changes.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
tiffanynacole

tiffanynacole is on a distinguished road

the last time it had been asked was 8 months ago. i can understand being curious.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
AyeeYoAP

AyeeYoAP is on a distinguished road

I went to bootcamp w. a sew in. There was one girl in my division who also had a sew in and another one had a wig.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
bosslady718

bosslady718 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeeYoAP View Post
I went to bootcamp w. a sew in. There was one girl in my division who also had a sew in and another one had a wig.

ok so you wore a sew in!! did they have you take it out ???

I ship out DEC(2013) dont mind cutting it at all but if there was a possible way around it I would love that!!!

FYI Thanks for the info EVERYONE
Closed Thread