NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Quartermaster B450

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Devin

Devin is on a distinguished road
Default Quartermaster "A" School

So i read something that has lead to me to believe that QM A School does not directly follow your movement after Basic. In other words how long after does QM "A" School begin because from what I have read it makes it sound like it doesn't begin right after since QM Is such a small Community...
Old 11-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin View Post
So i read something that has lead to me to believe that QM A School does not directly follow your movement after Basic. In other words how long after does QM "A" School begin because from what I have read it makes it sound like it doesn't begin right after since QM Is such a small Community...
It's not that small of a community. You may have hold time before you start A school but I wouldn't think it would be more than a month.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
Devin

Approx. 2,000 Sailors.. Thats pretty small considering there are rates that have numbers in the 50,000+

Yea there is a small Lag time.. other QM's told me no more than a month sometimes a couple weeks.

I talked to the CO of the USS Bainbridge today. That was a nice surprise in my Facebook Inbox. Told me about the ship and said that he would be happy to have me as a future QM on board. That was really cool.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin View Post
Approx. 2,000 Sailors.. Thats pretty small considering there are rates that have numbers in the 50,000+

Yea there is a small Lag time.. other QM's told me no more than a month sometimes a couple weeks.

I talked to the CO of the USS Bainbridge today. That was a nice surprise in my Facebook Inbox. Told me about the ship and said that he would be happy to have me as a future QM on board. That was really cool.
There are no rates that even come close to 50,000. There is only 323,000 Active Duty personnel and that includes enlisted, officers and midshipmen. The Navy still has to process people through as everyday people get out.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
Devin

Sorry, I could of sworn a rate was at 50K

But it was at 10,000.