NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Pass In Review (Graduation)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation
Default Navy Lodge - The best place to stay in Great Lakes...

There is many places to stay in Great Lakes, I perferred "The Navy Lodge". Although your not military, you can still stay there because your spouse, son, or daughter is in bootcamp.

To get a room you need to book well in advance. The rooms are quickly booked. So as soon as you see their graduation PIR listed, make sure you book a room. You can see the graduation schedule here >> http://www1.netc.navy.mil/nstc/rtcgl/upcoming_grads.asp
Even though the rules say you must have your sailor there when checking in, they make an exception for Great Lakes. So you don't need them there. Also remember, in Great Lake you are allowed to use the Navy Exchange while you are there...

Their Navy Lodge website is:
http://www.navy-lodge.com/index.html

Navy Lodge
Great Lakes
Great Lakes Naval Training Center
Great Lakes, IL
60088-5000
847-689-1485 -
Fax: 847-689-1489 Amenities ...

Last edited by Craig; 05-22-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
SR.AO

SR.AO is on a distinguished road

how much is it to stay at the Navy Lodge in GL? Looked at the site but didnt see any rates...

"To Those Of You Unwilling To Stand Behind Our Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, and Marines, I Cordially Invite You To Stand In Front Of Them..."
SR.AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:26 AM   #3
Craig
Administrator

Just click the link and select "reservation"... Put in Illinois and it will show the rate.

Looks like it $65 per night....

Old 05-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
asailorswife

asailorswife is on a distinguished road

We didn't stay Navy Lodge - we would have had to get two rooms, and had read some-not-so-good things about it. (it's more of a motel than a hotel, and yes, I'm very spoiled thanks to priceline when it comes to hotels). Because we also had my parents with us, we got a two bedroom suite at Residence Inn for $120/night. Residence Inn also provides you with breakfast (a pretty good one too), so for a group of 4 + 2 year old, it saved us about $40/day!

The $120 IS a military rate, so you have to call to book it, but we loved it!

Sarah

asailorswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Personally I liked the Navy Lodge, even though back when I was there a few years ago, it wasnt wired for WiFi, now it is. I got one with a kitchenette and it was fine for me and my son, and Justin didnt care...he just wanted to watch TV and eat! He wanted my food, as in Home Cooking! They provide the pots and pans, silver ware, cups and everything, so we were set. Had an oven ,stove, frig, a nice small kitchen. Not all rooms have kitchens, you have to ask and they do not cost anymore. At least the Navy Lodge is also not taxed. If you have a small child and need a crib, just tell them, they will provide you with a crib. I personally give the Navy Lodge a 2 thumbs up
________
Website design

Last edited by sweetmtn; 05-08-2011 at 03:55 AM.
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
ibesue

ibesue is on a distinguished road

The 2 bedroom suite at Residence Inn also has a full kitchen with all necessary utensils. It really is the size of a small 2 bedroom apartment. It even had 2 baths! But since we were 2 families, we didn't have to get two rooms. I am always told that my DH and I snore, so we had to have 2 bedrooms! And Thursday night dinner was covered too!

So when Tim was with us, they had their own area to go to! Each room had a TV and had a TV in the living room! And free Wifi! Oh, and it was away from the base, so Tim actually felt like he got away from the Navy for a bit! Even though there were a lot of Navy families at the hotel.
ibesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:52 AM   #7
GunnersmateWife

GunnersmateWife is on a distinguished road

The Navy Lodge was awesome!!! I am staying there again when I go up to see Jesse again. They were so nice and answered every question I had very well. Felt very safe there. The beds were so comfy and the little kitchen was so cute. Didn't have an oven, so I was a little bummed about that, but still, Jesse really liked how we ordered out Saturday night and got to transfer our Chinese to real plates and utensils.

It was very nice and worth it and SO close to the gate too which was really nice.

Loved the Navy Lodge Hotel...so nice!!
GunnersmateWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
Craig
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnersmateWife View Post
The beds were so comfy
And they don't squeak.....

Old 01-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #9
navymom24

navymom24 is on a distinguished road

Two thumbs up for the Navy Lodge when we stayed there. It was nice to see the other recruits families as well. Nice place and great price.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind." ~ Dr. Suess
navymom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #10
DenitaLC

DenitaLC is on a distinguished road

We stayed at the Navy Lodge in May of '09. It is so close to RTC and the rooms are comfortable and clean. For the $65, it's a good buy.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #11
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

We stayed there in April and May '10. It was definitely idea. And the front desk staff recommended Wild Berry Pancakes for breakfast - it is the best breakfast restaurant I think I've ever been to. About 10-15 minutes away. Be prepared to wait a while.
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #12
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

We liked the fact that it had a kitchen! Yeah...my son wanted me to cook!

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
blueberripie

blueberripie is on a distinguished road
Talking

Got back from Great Lakes yesterday and I would highly recommend the Navy Lodge. It's literally 5-10 mins from the graduation, the beds are amazing, it was very save and above all the staff are awesome. Christina and Silvana were extremely nice and Christina knows everything there is to know about Great Lakes and the surrounding area. I recommond Gurnee Mills Mall. We were not able to go to Chicago as the sailors were not allowed to go due to the NATO Summit going on and the many protestors. We got a standard double bed room which ran $65 and my DIL decided to stay a week and got the business double bed with a kitchen room for $66.
Any questions feel free to ask me.

Last edited by blueberripie; 05-23-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: was corrected by another poster
blueberripie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
vabchsue

vabchsue is on a distinguished road

It actually wasn't a convention - it was the NATO Summit. Just trying to be accurate.
vabchsue is offline   Reply With Quote