NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
navy123456

navy123456 is on a distinguished road
Default Recent RTC Graduate

Graduated from RTC this month! This forum was very helpful for me! Open to questions from deppers and parents of deppers as my mom had a myriad of questions leading up to my departure. Will do my best to answer.

some quick updates I can give
-strep throat is going around like crazy (thus resulting in a second peanut butter shot on 5-2 day) This is completely dependent on what sicknesses are going around at rtc. It is not normally given during summer months. Therefore I cannot predict if you will be getting a second dose, sorry!

-females, pap smears can be avoided if you have a pap done and results can be faxed from the last year. All you need to write down is where you had it, their phone #. Make sure it happened in the last year! OR else you will get one if you are over the age of 21. The staff is great, nothing to fear.

-I made 2nd class swimmer at my swim qual in boot camp and you will have a chance (just one chance) to try and qualify for that. At my swim test they also offered anyone a chance to try and qualify for a shot at a spec ops contract. This involved doing 15 correct form (i dont know what the form is because i didnt volunteer) pull ups on a bar. Not sure what the process was like after that but no one in my division passed the initial pull up screening.

-females, they had us fill out an anemic questionnaire in pdays. It does not say anemia questionnaire on the form but it asks about fatigue, diet questions, etc...it does involve a blood test if you are told you need it, but you are already having blood drawn that day for your medical portion of Pdays so its nothing to fear!

any questions feel free to post!
navy123456 is offline   Reply With Quote