NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Hospital Corpsmen G000, L500

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 03-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Xev

Xev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebw View Post
Yes, it's possible.

Reserves would go to the same A-School as active duty members would.
Thanks,
Do you know if you could get any C School for reserve after A School? Any way to be "elegible" or have better chances?
Xev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
stevebw

stevebw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xev View Post
Thanks,
Do you know if you could get any C School for reserve after A School? Any way to be "elegible" or have better chances?
For reserves, they usually have something attached to their contract such as DA, or FMTB. So you won't be needing to pick your orders at A-School.
stevebw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
linsky

linsky is on a distinguished road

So is it correct to say that if you do well in A school,they can send you to C school? What are the criteria? Or depending on the need on the navy? How do they determine if you are assigned to Marine combat?
linsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
stevebw

stevebw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by linsky View Post
So is it correct to say that if you do well in A school,they can send you to C school? What are the criteria? Or depending on the need on the navy? How do they determine if you are assigned to Marine combat?
Having a high GPA will allow you to get first dibs on any billets available. So if you have the highest GPA in your class, and there's a C-School that you really want with only 1 or 2 spots open then you'll be one of the two people that gets it.

Getting FMTB is just a matter of whether or not it's available.
stevebw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
chimgirl

chimgirl is on a distinguished road

I am currently in DEP and my rate is HM (I leave for RTC on December 24)... the information i got from MEPS (I just went in June) is that A school is in the Great Lakes, but i keep reading that it was moved to Texas... I'm just confused
chimgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimgirl View Post
I am currently in DEP and my rate is HM (I leave for RTC on December 24)... the information i got from MEPS (I just went in June) is that A school is in the Great Lakes, but i keep reading that it was moved to Texas... I'm just confused
98% of what you get at MEPS is outdated and incorrect. HM A School is in Texas now at Fort Sam Houston.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
chimgirl

chimgirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
98% of what you get at MEPS is outdated and incorrect. HM A School is in Texas now at Fort Sam Houston.
Thank you
chimgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
HMYert

HMYert is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am a newbie so be gentle. I am an HM shipping to GL currently on 17FEB2014, however we are trying to roll me in early. I got advanced rank of E-3. I really want to get a C-School. You mentioned that your GPA helps you. GPA at A-School or from education prior? I ask cause my undergrad I didn't do so hot but I went for my Master's degree and I had a high GPA there cause I got my act together. Will they base it off my GPA from Grad school? As you can probably guess I am joining at a late stage in life, when I ship I will be 29 years old.
HMYert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #9
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMYert View Post
Hi, I am a newbie so be gentle. I am an HM shipping to GL currently on 17FEB2014, however we are trying to roll me in early. I got advanced rank of E-3. I really want to get a C-School. You mentioned that your GPA helps you. GPA at A-School or from education prior? I ask cause my undergrad I didn't do so hot but I went for my Master's degree and I had a high GPA there cause I got my act together. Will they base it off my GPA from Grad school? As you can probably guess I am joining at a late stage in life, when I ship I will be 29 years old.
It's GPA from A school and why are you going enlisted with a master's degree?
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
HMYert

Thanks for the info on the GPA. My Master's is in Theology but I am not qualified to be a Chaplain and I really want to do something in the medical field.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
notjustaUSNwife

notjustaUSNwife is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMYert View Post
Just because I'm a curious person, which C-school do you think you want? I'm older as well (25) with a bachelor's and 2 classes from a master's that I really should finish some day.
notjustaUSNwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
HMYert

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustaUSNwife View Post
Just because I'm a curious person, which C-school do you think you want? I'm older as well (25) with a bachelor's and 2 classes from a master's that I really should finish some day.
I am interested in X-Ray Tech, Respiratory Therapy Tech and Surgical Tech. When do you ship out for BC?