NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTT = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN TECHNICAL

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 01-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
Corey123

Corey123 is on a distinguished road
Default CTT questions/school

So I signed for ctt and im currently waiting to leave for boot camp, but I'm nervous which is expected. So I was wondering what to expect/do as a ctt. I was also wondering what should I expect in Ctt schooling cause i feel like i'm not prepared. Is the schooling complicated/requires a lot of work and studying is there a big fail rate? I just want to know what to expect before i go and what to look forward to. Any help is appreciated!
Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:20 PM   #2
Avionicsguy

Avionicsguy is on a distinguished road

if it makes you feel any better CTN has the biggest drop out rate of all the CT schools.
Avionicsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:11 PM   #3
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

I spent 6 months aboard Corry Station for CTN before I was dropped. While I was there I saw dozens of CTN drops, a few CTR drops, and a couple of IT drops. But I never saw a single CTT drop. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. Hopefully that’ll make you feel better. As far as what you can expect or what you’ll be doing... that’s for the SCIF. But I will say it’s some pretty cool stuff.
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:57 PM   #4
Corey123

Corey123 is on a distinguished road

Is there anything i can study before i leave to help me be prepared/something to study that would help or anything you wish someone told you that would've helped you while you were there?
Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:01 PM   #5
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

I don’t know the specifics of the CTT rate. I was in the compound that taught CTR and CTN so I got to hear a lot of their stuff. Just going on what I do know I’d say brushing up on electronics knowledge would probably be helpful.
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote