NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 06-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
nosaltnsugarpls

nosaltnsugarpls is on a distinguished road
Smile INSPECTIONS

Hello All! My hubby is currently in boot camp (PIR 7/13). I've got 4 letters from him so far and all he talks about are the inspections. GOSH!! why is inspection so critical in the navy? and exactly how many inspections are there? he keeps on saying about this inspection and that inspection and i just get lost somewhere in between those terms he now use, haha!

Thanks!
nosaltnsugarpls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
AVSailor

AVSailor is on a distinguished road

Inspections are important because they drill attention to detail into your head

in the fleet the slightest mistake could be someones life.

Thats why inspections mean so much in bootcamp.
AVSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
prop827

prop827 is on a distinguished road

Inspections are part of the navy and the military in general, as long as he's in the navy, there's always gonna be another exam, another inspection, another PFA, another this, another that. It never ends
prop827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
shannoneliz

shannoneliz is on a distinguished road

I didn't think the inspections in boot were bad at all really, we practiced a ton for them (though the males in our division had a lot of trouble with dress uniforms for our last uniform inspection...got so many hits on those darned buttons and laces) and our RDCs always made sure our racks and lockers were squared away before zone inspections.

Let's see if I can remember all of them...
First one was uniform (NWU) and rack inspection - I missed that one 'cause I had to go to medical for a special physical, never had to make it up either! Thank god 'cause I was never that great at making my rack. Next one was zone inspection, I think, where they checked our lockers and such. Those first 2 inspections didn't really count for anything. Lots of people took a ton of hits but we all still passed somehow. I think they're more for practice.

Next inspections were during week 4 - that was a very busy week, went by super fast. We had a uniform inspection in our NWUs (this time with 8-point cover) and had our weapon turnover inspection (you have to show you can do certain things with very old "demilitarized" 9mm pistol). Our inspector got kinda frustrated with our RDCs cause 2 of our weapons were broken and had to be switched out. Later that week, we had our first drill inspection. I never thought my division would ever march well but we finally got it together that week and scored high.

Last inspections were during week 6. We had a uniform inspection (in either dress blues, dress whites, or NSUs) and zone inspection, and then our last drill inspection.
shannoneliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Gemenii

Gemenii is on a distinguished road

The hardest part about all those inspections in my oppinion was standing at attention for 1-2 hours. I can't stand still to save my life.
Gemenii is offline   Reply With Quote