NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Special Warfare > EOD = EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL TECHNICIAN

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 10-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
FSIdriss

FSIdriss is on a distinguished road
Default EOD Volunteers at RTC?

Hey Everyone. I was wondering if they still ask for EOD or Diver volunteers at RTC?

And also since their training is about 2 years when do they get to come home? Like the two weeks everyone else gets after A-School?
FSIdriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:08 PM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSIdriss View Post
Hey Everyone. I was wondering if they still ask for EOD or Diver volunteers at RTC?

And also since their training is about 2 years when do they get to come home? Like the two weeks everyone else gets after A-School?
They won't ask for voluneteers at RTC, you would have needed to take care of that before you shipped. Doing that at RTC would completely alter your processing, so all that needs to get done before you even get there. If that's a career you would be interested in, contact your recruiter.

As far as time off, you would get major holidays if you're not on duty. Other than that, its a regular work schedule. You won't be authorized leave while you're in training since that would jack up your entire pipeline schedule.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #3
camfurr

camfurr is on a distinguished road

I agree with CTT1 on everything except for leave periods. I have several buddies in that community that got to go home between some of their schools. It's possible. But to be honest I would wait until holidays.
camfurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by camfurr View Post
I agree with CTT1 on everything except for leave periods. I have several buddies in that community that got to go home between some of their schools. It's possible. But to be honest I would wait until holidays.
Between schools is possible, but it's on an individual basis. While you're actually in classes though, its going to be a no-go unless its emergency leave.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote