NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Airmen (Airdales) > AW = NAVAL AIRCREWMAN (AWO, AWF, AWV, AWS, AWR)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-01-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
bwall0430

bwall0430 is on a distinguished road
Default Depth perception retake

So I'm disqualified from AIRR strictly due to the depth perception test. I currently have an AIRC contract and was curious if it's possible to have a professional provide the test and bring the results to MEPS?
bwall0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:10 PM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall0430 View Post
So I'm disqualified from AIRR strictly due to the depth perception test. I currently have an AIRC contract and was curious if it's possible to have a professional provide the test and bring the results to MEPS?
Negative. Aside from MEPS not taking that for qualification, NAMI (Aviation medicine) wouldn't take it either. So even if MEPS let you through with it, NAMI wouldn't let you go rotary wing anyway even if you show up to NACCS with an AIRR contract. That's the reason they don't take it at MEPS; it would just waste your time and the Navy's time.

Also if you're not the right candidate for that job then theoretically you could get somebody killed down the line. That's one of the reason's they're not very lenient with medical standards.

/r
CTT1

Last edited by FlyNavy; 05-01-2017 at 07:56 PM.
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote