NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Master-at-Arms B640

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 03-04-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
TheXFactor

TheXFactor is on a distinguished road
Question MA Reservist Question(s)

Hey guys. I've just rerated to MA while in "A" School, and I'm in the Reserves so I had some things to ask. Do Reservist MAs still need to complete "C" School? And roughly how long does it take MAs to class up in "A" School?

Thanks!
TheXFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #2
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

I don't believe C schools are a requirement for MAs, although you may be given the option.

As far as class up times go, only someone currently at MA A school would be able to give you a ballpark. In most cases it's a month or two.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:22 PM   #3
Squid350
**Active Duty**

Squid350 is on a distinguished road

Hi there.
You will not need a "C" school off the bat as an MA, particularly reserves. Depending on what opportunities present themselves afterwards you may be able to grab one later.

No idea what the average class up time is at MA "A" right now but I'll ask a couple people who may know. Welcome to the rate.

Visit the "Navy Deppers" facebook group!
Squid350 is offline   Reply With Quote