NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Special Warfare > EOD = EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL TECHNICIAN

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
cpturne

cpturne is on a distinguished road
Default Female EODs?

I recently entered DEP for EOD (and may I say, getting my 500 yard swim under 10 minutes was miserable) and I was wondering if anyone on the forum had been through boot camp as one? I've heard people say boot camp goes a little different for those with an EOD rating-- even stories about having to solve math problems while in the gas chambers, anyone have any truth to these stories?
cpturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:10 AM   #2
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

It is my understanding that they put all those with special rates in one division together...like EOD, SEALS and SWCC, anything that has a more water course as they will get special training. As far as doing math problems while in the gas chamber...I dont think so unless it is simple stuff like adding single numbers..just to keep your mind off the gas...but I can check with my connections for you...

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
cpturne

cpturne is on a distinguished road

Thanks, yeah I read it on another online forum I was browsing that if the EOD candidate couldn't keep their composure enough to complete the problems they didn't make it to EOD prep. Which, depending on the problems may not be bad, but it adds some pressure .
cpturne is offline   Reply With Quote