NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Cryptologic/Intelligence (Spooks) > CTT = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN TECHNICAL

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 02-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #1
Seth_Breen_CTT

Seth_Breen_CTT is on a distinguished road
Default When will I get orders?

Hey guys, so I am trying to formulate a timeline if everything goes according to plan... which my experience with the military with my dad is, it rarely ever goes according to plan.

So I leave March 19th for RTC. I have estimated my 8 weeks, (really 9 because my recruiter said the first week doesn't really count) and I should tentatively graduate May 16th. After that, my A school is in Pensacola for CTT A school and C school which is roughly 8 weeks (a school) and 7-10 weeks (C school). I was told by my recruiter and my dad that people usually get their orders at the tail end of A school, which estimating again would be near the end of July. Is there anyone that can confirm or deny this?

I know sometimes people can sit in "limbo" waiting for a full group to be formed either for RTC or A school, but I am just trying to get some idea for my wife who is of course staying behind until I am done with my schooling. I would appreciate information from anyone, but it would be greatly helpful to have a fellow CTT that has graduated and has received their orders.

I will be an E3 (degree) if that helps at all.

Thank You

BOOMER SOONER!!
Seth_Breen_CTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

At my A-school (DLI since I'm a CTI) we fill out a dream sheet (of what orders we would like, if we can get them) maybe 3 or 4 months before graduation and receive our orders a month before graduation. (Granted, we have 16 months of instruction.)

I would say we spend anywhere from 4 days to 2 months at A-school before we start classes. One month is probably average. This isn't waiting for a "group" exactly - A-school operates on a rotating basis so the new people can't start until the most senior class in their assigned language graduates and then take their place (same teachers, classrooms etc). I'm not a CTT though, so your A-school may be different from mine.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
Seth_Breen_CTT

Also, I have been strongly debating aircrew as a CTT. From what I have gathered, CTTs on aircrew go to Whidbey Island. I have been talking a lot to one of the guys on here, Haasino. He has been great help as far as the air crew information.

Sorry I know there are a lot of questions which are a lot of variables.

Thank You though.

BOOMER SOONER!!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #4
Seth_Breen_CTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhaun View Post
At my A-school (DLI since I'm a CTI) we fill out a dream sheet (of what orders we would like, if we can get them) maybe 3 or 4 months before graduation and receive our orders a month before graduation. (Granted, we have 16 months of instruction.)

I would say we spend anywhere from 4 days to 2 months at A-school before we start classes. One month is probably average. This isn't waiting for a "group" exactly - A-school operates on a rotating basis so the new people can't start until the most senior class in their assigned language graduates and then take their place (same teachers, classrooms etc). I'm not a CTT though, so your A-school may be different from mine.

Awesome, no that helps with my questions. Yea i guess I worded that wrong as far as the "group". Hopefully I don't have to wait for 2 months... that would suck.

BOOMER SOONER!!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Honestly, you do NOT want to be the guy who classes up after 4 days. It's a lot harder to get all your phase-up quals and inspections done when you're already in class, and then you can't go offbase/wear civvies/drink etc during the little free time you have.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
bronxCTM

bronxCTM is on a distinguished road

In boot camp, our division got our orders like the week we graduated. My (former) roommate here at NAS Pensacola got his orders to his first duty station like 1-2 weeks before he graduated.

CompTIA A+ Certified: May 29, 2012
CompTIA Network+ Certified: June 5, 2013
bronxCTM is offline   Reply With Quote