NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Hospital Corpsmen G000, L500

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-27-2015, 12:19 AM   #1
Hengstad96

Hengstad96 is on a distinguished road
Default C School Guarantee

Long story short, I'm changing my rate before I leave for bootcamp. I've got the go ahead and sign my contract Monday. Can you get a C school guarantee? I've seen some posts of people saying they have.
Hengstad96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:31 AM   #2
ShotOfWSC
**Active Duty**

ShotOfWSC is on a distinguished road

If a C school wasn't in your contract, then no...it's not a guarantee. You guys should really start reading what you sign and ask questions you're not sure about before you sign something. Just look over it before you sign it on Monday. Did they even discussed a C school with you and is your contract 6 yrs?
ShotOfWSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:16 AM   #3
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

For extra schools you're typically gonna need to sign for extra time. That's also not available for every rate and even the ones that are, they might not need sailors with that extra training when you're going up for it.

So as always, the answer is it depends. Inquire about it, but don't have an already set expectation of what the answer is going to be.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:04 PM   #4
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

If you have an aviation maintenance rate you such as AM, AT, AD, ect. you will more than likely have a C-School for the platform get orders for once you finish A school. It won't be in your original contract if you're one of those rates. You have to wait until you get assigned a squadron near the completion of your A-School

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote