NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-19-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
Y0937

Y0937 is on a distinguished road
Default Verifying Size of Personal Items

So they say you can have a "pocket sized bible and small religious medallion"...Can someone tell me if these will be acceptable? While not a huge deal I'd rather go out and buy something smaller than not have anything.

The bible is about an inch thick, probably a bit less. The prayer book is about the width of my pinky.

The circular medal is about the size of a nickel, for size reference.

Y0937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #2
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

If I recall correctly, absolute size isn't as big of a deal as relative size - e.g. in your rack, the bible will sit on top of your bluejacket's manual. It shouldn't be bigger than the bluejacket's manual. Same with the religious medal - it goes on your dogtags, so it should be smaller than your dogtags.

The prayer book's going to stay in your A/B drawer, so the specific size doesn't matter, you're just going to want it as small as possible because there isn't that much room in that drawer.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote